A Monster in Central City

Chapter  37 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serenity's POV 

"What are you doing?" I asked Barry who was making breakfast

"Making breakfast." He said and I went ahead to sit down when he was putting the food on the table. 

"I can see that." I said and we started to eat while we talked about the wedding. 

"Who's your maids of honor?" He asked. 

"I don't know, it's between Thea, Caitlin, Iris, and Felicity." I said. 

"Pick who your closer with." He said. 

"I'm equally close to all of them. How about your best man?" I asked. 

"Between Cisco or Oliver." He said. 

"Who are you close to?" I asked trying to tease him asking me. 

"Cisco." He said and I gave him the really face. 

"Wow, that was easy. Ummm... Do you mind if I ask Joe to walk me down the aisle considering umm yeah?" I asked knowing Joe was close as a father to both of us. 

 "He wouldn't mind." He said and I nodded my head. 

-At the Lab- 

Iris, Wally, Cisco, Barry, and I were all watching HR groove to some pop music while complimenting our Earth. He had prepared food and drinks that we enjoyed as a group. Iris had a chai latte, I had a caramel mocha, Wally had an iced americano, Barry had a decaf, and Cisco had a french roast. 

After a while of talking about the labs, Cisco and HR started to have a little argument while we all just stood there awkwardly before we all left one by one to go to work when HR offered a team building activity. 

-At CCPD- 

"Good luck." I said and kissed Barry's cheek before going up to my little office to start some sketches because there wasn't anything going on. 

A few minutes later I got a text from Barry telling me that Julian was a little tattle tale that whined to Captain Singh. After that I got a text from Barry telling me that there was something going down at downtown and that he can handle it. I went downstairs to see some people heading to their police cars to go downtown. Half an hour later some police came in with citizens to tell me what they saw so I can start getting an idea of what this thing was. 

Another half an hour, I had a sketch done that was a monster and automatically knew I could do nothing with it because how the hell would the captain react if he saw this and that it terrorized downtown. 

I was so done when I noticed some texts from Cisco catching me up with what was happening down at the Labs and HR's plan. I asked him if they would need me and again I got denied. 

-Next Day- 

It was lunchtime now and I went to Barry's lab to see him back

"Hey." I said. 

"Hey, ready for lunch?" He asked and I nodded my head. 

"Hold up you two?" Someone asked and I turned around to see Iris. 

"Iris." I said. 

"Had to get a witness report on the attack and decided to make it a little lunch talk." She said and I nodded my head before she sat down and we all started to eat. Barry was trying to get some advice with Julian before he had to go back to deal with the monster and he informed me that he had got it before running out. 

"What the hell?" I said frustrated. 

"What?" Iris asked. 

"Haven't been going out with the bow." I whispered and she nodded her head. 

"Maybe Barry is scared for you to get hurt." She said and I nodded my head before we started to talking about the wedding which wasn't gonna happen till months away. 

After she left, I started to head back to my office before I got a text from Barry telling my to go back to the labs and I replied with a short ok. When I got there, I saw them interrogating HR in a room to overhear that HR was someone who seemed shady before I walked away and headed to the Cortex.   

When we all got there and talked a little the computers started to beep and we went into action with Barry running off first and me on my motorcycle. I went to a parking complex across a old skyscraper. I went to prep an arrow when Barry announced that nothing could hit it because it would go through. 

He then announced that he found the place and for me to go back to the labs and wait for him there. After a few minutes he got back with Caitlin coming back as well, we then listen to HR about what he was back in Earth 19 and to give him a chance to see what he was made of before we all agreed before heading home. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I hope you liked this chapter. 

See you soon Runners.