Epilogue - And All Was Right...Kind Of

"Megan would you hurry up? We're going to be late."

"Ok, ok Jess, keep your pants on, I'm coming. Anyway we have to wait for Chris and Athena, it takes them a little longer to get here."

Megan was grabbing her jacket and wallet when there was honking from outside. Megan and Jess opened the door to find Athena and Chris jumping out of his mums car and running up the path to them.

"Oh my gosh! I haven't seen you in so long." Athena screamed into Megan's ear as she jumped into her arms.

"Jeesh Athena, I saw you like two weeks ago...it's not exactly an eternity." Megan laughed as she hugged her friend back.

"All I hear is Megan this and Megan that. 'When can we head up to see Megan?' Blah blah blah." Chris complained as he slung his arm around Athena's shoulders. "I'm starting to hate your name Meg."

"Hey..." Athena brushed Chris' arm off of her. "I don't talk about her that much!"

"Ok ok, I think we should get going. The game will be starting soon." Jess said as she started herding Megan, Chris and Athena towards the car.

"Yeah ok," Megan moved to grab her keys from the front table before yelling out. "See ya Katie, Jess and I are heading out."

"Have fun girls, please take care of Jess, Megan. Her foster parents have trusted me with her." Katie, Megan's new foster parent called from the kitchen. Katie was Megan's third foster parent. Her first was in Queensland and second in New Zealand. The first one had seven children and didn't quite get along with Megan. The second was not because of the family, the school that she went to hadn't had a foster child student before and things didn't end well.

Jess had been staying with Megan for two weeks now and had three more weeks with her. Jess' foster parents went on holiday to the Gold Coast and gave her the option to go stay with Megan. Of course she said yes and now the two of them are staying a mere hour out of Canberra. A perfectly respectable time to travel to her old life.

The four friends jumped into Chris' mums car and started their way to Canberra. As the door closed behind the last passenger they were greeted by Queen's, 'Another One Bites the Dust'.

"Nice music Nancy, also thanks for picking us up"..."Loving it"..."Oh I know this one, 'another one bites the dust, and another ones gone another ones gone, another one bites the dust HEY HEY HEY!"

"Can you be any louder Chris?" Athena turned from the front seat to look back at him while he was still mid note.

"I can if I tried..." Chris waggled his eyebrows as he responded causing Jess and Megan to stifle their laughter at Athena's death glare.

The hour drive went by quickly enough. It was helped along with good music and the great game of 'I went shopping and bought...'.

"Ok guys, we're here. Everyone out." Nancy announced.

"I honestly can't wait to watch this game." Jess excitedly announced as the four of them made their way to the schools field entrance.

"What do you mean? You don't like soccer, I literally had to bribe you with movies of your choice for a week to come tonight." Megan responded causing Athena and Chris to laugh and Jess.

"I hate soccer. Seriously I don't get the point of it..." Megan was about to respond to her friends comment before she continued. "However, this school has a lot of hot boys. Hot boys that play soccer and hot boys that your boyfriend can introduce me too." At that all four of them laughed and giggled at Jess' comment.

"Why would you wanna watch hot boys on a soccer field when you can look at me." Chris stated with a straight face while flexing his muscles in front of the girls.

"Hey, hey...Nuh uh. I'm the only one allowed to check you out." Athena restored, holding on to Chris' arm which only resulted in his straight face resolving into an embarrassed smirk.

"Well..." Megan cut in. "Now that you have mentioned my boyfriend I think I might just go to see..." Megan started before she was cut off by Jess.

"Yeah we know, Tommy." Without waiting another minute Megan started off in the other direction and made her way to the men's changing rooms. Megan stopped out front of a small closet just a couple metres from the entrance to the changing rooms and knocked. Within seconds it opened a crack and a hand reached out to grasp on to Megan's and pulled her in.

"Well hello there lovely lady." Tommy whispered as he pulled Megan in for a tight hug and kiss on the forehead.

"Hello my handsome gentleman." Megan responded by pulling Tommy in tighter and crashing her lips onto his. It wasn't long into the kiss that there was a knock at the door.

"Meg..." Jess' voice wafted through the gap of the door next to the hinges. "Tommy, time to wrap up. The game starts in 10 minutes." The sound of Jess' departure soon were heard by the two in the closet.

"Well that just means I get to spend 9 more minutes with you." He took her hand and sat her down on his lap on the floor. "So how was your week? Didn't you have soccer try-outs?"

"Yeah I did, it went pretty well but the coach at school only has four spots to fill in so I said I was happy to play any although the rest of the girls were amazing so I'm not sure." Megan sighed as she rested her head in Tommy's shoulder.

"I'm sure you did great. After you came back from New Zealand I'm pretty sure it would be safe to say that you are better than half the boys on my team."

"Your too sweet, I'm no where near that good but it's nice of you to try and make me feel better." Both cracked a smile at that. Tommy was telling the truth though. When Megan was in New Zealand her foster family wanted to make her as comfortable as possible and when they heard about her love for soccer they got her in a team. There she was their star defender and yet showed off her scoring skills on multiple occasions of a shortage of players.

The two spent five more minutes talking and chatting away until the warm-up siren could be heard from the field. Tommy then stood up, reaching his arm down to pull Megan up. Once they were standing he pulled her in for another kiss and hug before exiting the room together. On their way down the corridor Tommy spoke up.

"I've missed this, missed seeing you everyday and playing soccer with you..." Tommy started.

"Hang on," Megan quickly cut in, she quickly moved to stand in front of Tommy resting her hand on his chest, stopping Tommy in his tracks. "How can you possibly miss that?" Tommy looked at Megan with a look of pure shock and was about to speak up when Megan continued. "I FaceTime you every night, we text and call consistently at school and home. I see you at least three times a week whether it's because Katie drives me down to see you and Athena but more often than not its you driving up to see me. I know it was hard when I was overseas and more than an hour away but fate has been on our side. I mean look at us, separated for months and now here we are. You can't miss me or this any more because we're not gone, I'm not gone."

It took Tommy a few moments to absorb what Megan had said before he kissed her pulled back to look straight in her eyes. "God Meg, that is why I love you."