Chapter 9 - Change of Heart

Chapter Nine - Change of Heart

It had been three days since Megan had stayed back after school to practice soccer.

She was afraid that if she went back to her normal practice that Tommy would be there.

Megan knew that Tommy's sister really wanted her to take his offer but she wasn't sure.

Megan didn't want to embarrass herself in front of Tommy, then again, she really wanted to learn how to play soccer.

So that day after school Megan made her way to the soccer field.

She had left her soccer ball in her locker so that she didn't have to carry it around all the time and now it was tucked under her arm.

It was still a shock for her to see Tommy sitting in the benches at the other end of the field.

Megan walked to the middle of the field and set the ball on the ground in front of her.

She started dribbling the ball down the field towards the goal.

Just before she got to the goals and was about to kick the ball, Tommy ran in front of the goals and got down in a defence stance.

There was a massive smile plastered on his face and Megan found that so did she.

She thought that maybe this could be good.

That was until Megan went for the goal and instead of it going in the net it went straight over it.

Hitting the back fence of the soccer fields.

Tommy laughed hysterically as Megan ran to retrieve her ball.

As Megan ran back to the field with the ball in hand she yelled out to Tommy "Hey if I take you up on your offer you have to follow some of my rules"

"Yeah and what might those rules be?" hollered back Tommy.

Megan didn't start speaking agin until she was close enough not to yell and Tommy would be able to hear.

"Firstly, no laughing!" Megan went for another goal and much to her surprise it actual curved around Tommy.

Tommy looked at her in surprise but happily retrieved a the ball from the net and kicked it back to her.

Megan started speaking again "Secondly, no sarcastic or rude comments" before Megan could continue she was interrupted.

"Come on, not even little jests?" Tommy had a light, teasing voice on that made Megan get the butterflies.

"None. Now lastly, there are only four rules, we only practice from 3:45 to 6 and if I want to stop then we stop until I say so. Got it?" Megan raised her eye brows at Tommy

"Got it boss. Ok so do you want me to start helping?" Tommy was a bit unsure what he was really going to do but he didn't care.

When Megan nodded he decided to start on a dribbling and passing drill.

"Ok, now all I want you to do is dribble the ball towards me then side step around me. Do you wanna try that first?" Instead of answering Megan just does.

Dribbling to Tommy then around him.

She didn't lose control of the ball once.

"How was that?" Megan was very pleased with herself. That was the best she had ever done.

"That was great! Now turn and face me" Megan did as she was told "Good now pass the ball to me, great job! Prepare to receive it and now do the same thing but the others way"

Megan and Tommy worked on that drill for most of the night.

When 6 o'clock came around they said goodbye and went their separate ways.

Megan was feeling as giddy as ever and couldn't wait for the next night.