Chapter 3 - Nice Day for a Run

Chapter Three - Nice Day for a Run

The next morning went smoothly. Megan woke up at the right time, brushed her teeth with three other people because they didn't mind sharing, which Megan was thankful for.

Breakfast was a slice of toast and then she grabbed her bag and actually waited for the bus to arrive which was a first in a while.

She got out her book 'A Tale of Two Cities' by Charles Dickens. When the bus arrived she took her seat next to the window where Athena and herself sit.

Athena got on a couple of stops later. Her hair was in a high bun and she looked as if she had won the lottery.

"I am so excited for today. Will you come and support me at the final try-outs?" Athena looked so happy that she got this chance so how could Megan say no.

"Of course I will. What are best friends for?" Of course Megan was excited and happy for her friend but at the same time she did feel a little upset that she wasn't the one getting the chance to show her new small skill of controlling the ball and dribbling.

"Hey, whats in you pr bag, it looks kind of full?" Megan had placed the soccer ball in the bottom of her brown satchel so that she could practice again tonight.

"Oh nothing just my big raincoat, apparently it is going to rain tonight and I don't want to get wet again." Megan was lucky that it was still early and the sun hadn't peeped through yet or else it might not have been a very convincing lie.

Athena nodded and retrieved her headphones and MP3 from her bag. She offered Megan an ear bud but she turned it down.

The two of them kept doing there own thing when once again the guy from yesterday cam up and sat next to them on the other side of the aisle.

Both Megan and Athena put away what they were doing so that they could give him their full attention.

"What do you want now?" asked Megan with a tired and impatient tone.

"Like I said; I want to sit there." as he was talking to us the soccer team and cheerleaders all moved up from their usual back seats on the bus sop that they could hear what the three of them where talking about.

Megan saw this as a chance to redeem herself from yesterdays choke up.

"Sorry but whats your name? We don't know who you are." Athena asked first.

"Chris" was his response.

"Why is it so important to sit here when the bus is basically empty?" Athena asked again "Why do we have to move?" we both leaned forward a little so that we could hear his mumbled response. Though when he finally said it no one had difficulties hearing it.

"I don't want you to move your pretty, I want your friend to move so that I can sit next to you and ask you out on a date." Athena was taken a back by two things at once, what Chris had said and what Megan had done.

"Sure" Megan got a few weird look and an even weirder look from a Athena "I'll move and you can sit next to her if you want, but next time you should probably just ask someone to move and give them a reason instead of demanding it." Athena was just in shock of what she was witnessing she started speaking again when she saw that Megan was heading to get off the bus.

"Meg, where are you going?" Megan turned to look at Athena and see Chris climb over her to sit where she had just been.

"I think I'm going to walk to school today, I need some fresh air. I'll meet you at school" Megan turned on her heels and walked off the bus.

She was just lucky that she had decided to wear her ballet flats today instead of her heeled ankle boots.

As the bus sped past Megan started at a small jog and then started to sprint.

She was getting strange looks from some of the people that she passed but she just ignored them.

She thought of the running as a good way to build up her stamina and help become faster and more coordinated on the soccer field.

On her way to school she saw the bus that Jess takes to get to her school.

Sometimes Megan wishes she went to the same school as Jess.

Then she would never be alone but then again, she didn't want to always have Jess around and then have to go home with her.

Anyway that means she wouldn't be with Athena so that thought went as fast as it came.