Chapter 7 - Don't Worry Be Happy

Chapter Seven - Don't Worry, Be Happy

Claudia was in the kitchen when Megan got home.

Like Megan, Claudia was a vegetarian and she knew that when ever Claudia was cooking she would have an actual meal for dinner.

She was asked to set the table and then go and round up all the younger kids to come eat their dinner.

Once the younger kids had been fed, Claudia and Jacob put them in their beds and gave them 30 minutes until lights out.

In that time Claudia had enough time to cook dinner for the rest of us.

When the kids were finally in bed all the older kids came out to eat.

Jacob had scoffed gown his steak and mushroom pie before asking for some of my Asian noodle salad.

I happily spooned over some of the salad as Claudia had a tendency to over fill plates if the serving sizes weren't already in packets.

After dinner Megan went back to her room to study.

She was finding it hard to focus with her encounter with Tommy still fresh in her mind.

She really did want to get better at soccer, but with Tommy?

She didn't want to make herself look like a bigger fool then she already was.

Soon those thoughts left her and more pressing matters came forward due to a reminder on her calendar.

Quickly she grabbed the permission slip for the AIS excursion and ran down the stairs.

As soon as she was back in her room with the signed permission slip she started to freak out.

She knew that everyone else had already picked their sport and the excursion was next week.

What sport would she do?

She couldn't think of any that really interested her.

After a couple of hours of thinking and doing other studies she finally decided that she would sleep on it and think about it more in the morning.

* * * * *

As she cleaned up her homework and got ready for bed Jacob came in.

Megan and Jacob were on good terms but that was not the case for Jacob and Jess.

As soon as he came in Jess fumed. Mouthing off at how he wasn't allowed in and that he should have knocked.

Just like usual he mouthed off back and said that Megan didn't mind and that it didn't matter if he knocked or not.

She thought it best to defuse the bomb so Megan lead Jacob outside, he had wanted to talk to her.

"What do you want?" Megan hadn't meant to snap but she was tired and their fight hadn't helped.

"I wanted to ask you if you know someone called Thomas Wesley? He called and I told him you weren't here since, you know, I don't know him." Jacob could be an ass sometimes but most times he was just like a big brother to me.

"Yeah I know him, though everyone else calls him Tommy" recognition flashed through Jacobs eyes. "We were talking this afternoon, thanks for telling me." I gave him a hug good night and went back to my room.

As she lay in bed a warm feeling filled Megan.

Tommy had called to talk to her and that was what shocked her the most.

Megan was so happy that her emotions got even more ramped up when an idea cam to mind.

The sport that she was going to have to write an essay on would be soccer!

She could learn all the rules while also passing a very easy class, she thought it would be great.

With a quick good night to Jess, Megan feel into a deep peaceful sleep.

The happy feeling staying with her even through her dreams.