Bonus Chapter - Long Time No See

"God, I feel like I'm dying."

"Are my legs still attached to my body? I honestly can't feel them."

"Coach Ryan has out done himself, that training came from the inner depths of hell."

"If I kill him in his sleep tonight will you guys help cover for me?"

"You can't kill him! We need him for our game against South Australia in two days...You can do it after that."

That caused a chorus of laughs from the fifteen girls laid out on the sidelines of the AIS soccer field.

"Ok ladies you are free to go except for my six midfielders." A groan was heard throughout the girls as the six midfielders hauled their soar and tired bodies up and towards Coach Ryan.

"You know, you don't have to so openly hate us Dylan." Megan stated as she stretched out next to him.

"I don't openly hate you, I keep it quite secret." Megan looked up at him to see a sly smile spread over his lips. "Oh, and it's Coach Ryan to you. Now, the six of you are my midfielders and at the end of today I will announce the starting four for the game against South Australia on Wednesday. For now, let's start with some sprints from left goal to right goal...four up and back thank you."

With that the girls started off. Jennifer finished first with Megan close on her heels. The other four were just about to start on their final length back when they finished up.

"Gosh, I really wish that I had chosen to be a goalie when I was seven instead of a defensive midfielder." Jennifer and Megan panted with her hands on her knees as the rest of the girls finished up.

"I hear you, it was my bestfriend that got me into soccer and wouldn't you know, midfielder was the last spot left in my high school team." Megan stretched up straight after her comment to get air into her lungs before Coach Ryan joined them once again.

"Lovely work ladies, now for footwork."

The training went on for another two hours. By the end of the session the girls had worked on trapping, footwork, skills, juggling, dribbling, line passes, throw-in's and Coach even threw in a few shooting drills in for the fun of it. As the six girls made their way into the warm down room Coach Ryan followed with his clipboard handy.

"Ok..." Coach Ryan started as Jennifer, Chloe and Megan sat on the floor stretching out while Lauren and Jaz took the ice baths and Henley had the physical therapist. "Our two starting defensive midfielders for the game against South Australia on Wednesday are, drum roll please..." The girls happily complied as a chorus of hands hitting the floor, metal tubs and padded bed filled the room. "Jennifer and Henley. Congratulations girls." The drum roll faded into cheers from the other four girls after Coach Ryan's announcement before he continued. "Ok, now our right wing midfielder, it is none other than Jaz." Another quick cheer before Coach moved on once again. "And finally, our last midfielder, left wing, is Megan." A massive cheer chorused throughout the room as the four starters jumped up to congratulate each other and the two benched joined in too. "Now, I will see you bright and early tomorrow at 7am for a quick one hour conditioning session so don't get too rowdy tonight."

The rest of cool down and pack up went pretty quickly as talk of the game on Wednesday picked up and tactics were discussed between all of the midfielders.

"You coming out tonight Megan? We were going to go down to Jerry's Bar." Lauren was leaning over the exit stairs railing as she called down to Megan who was just rolling up her warm down mat.