Chapter Ten: Doll Face

SPOT'S POV

I couldn't sleep all night, cos my mind was runnin' through what Milly had told me she'd been through. No wondah she was all alone when I had met her. Da thought of what that man had burdened her wit was mind bogglin' and horrible. There was nothin' more in that I wanted ta do then ta find dis man an strangle him foah hurtin' my goil.

I was imaginin' all the ways that I could possibly get my hands 'round his throat, when Milly snuggled herself even closer to me, causin' me ta roll onta me side and wrap my arms around her. When she was finally still, I placed my chin on da top of her head and smiled inta her hair. Even though it'd probably been a day or two since she 'ad Da chance ta shower, she still smelt like strawberries and goilyness. Being here like this with her, put my mind at ease and calmed me nerves down.

"Ya stayin here ta-night, Spot?" Boots asked me as him and da other boys came back from Medda's.

"Doll Face 'as a tight grip and a puss ((AN: face)) ya can't says no ta." I responded quietly, tryin' not ta wake Milly up.

"She is quite da looker, ain't she?" Mush, notorious "ladies man", said, as he pulled off his shoirt an' climbed up ta his bunk above us.

"Don't cha be gettin' no ideas now! She's my goil and Ise find out any ah youse touched her in a way she don't want ya ta or I don't want ya ta, ill soak ya! Understand?" I ordered, usin my leadeah voice, so they could all hear me.

"We ain't gonna mess wit her, Conlon." Henry said as he put his hand out in a spit shake, outta respect.

I licked my hand and shook his, everyone knew I didn't spit in my hand. No one knows why, Ise don't even know why, I just don't.

"Tanks foah lettin her stay here wit you bois." I said, yawning an listening to everyone's tired, mumbled replies.

And soon I was back ta thinkin about Milly's past, an' how I was gonna get her ta see it wasn't her fault.

MILLY'S POV

I wake up, in what seems like a link if an eye, to Spot pressing his lips to my cheek and standing up and walking away.

"Where you going?" I asked yawning, sitting up and whipping my eyes of sleep.

"Back ta Brooklyn. My boys 'ave gotta be wonderin' where Ise been an I gotta sell some papes." He responded with a lopsided smirk that made my heart flutter.

"Well," I said, placing my cap on my head and walking towards him, "Let me at least walk you out." I grabbed his hand and pulled him down the stairs and to the entry doors. "Thanks foah stayin' wit me last night."

"Aye! Youse pretty good at da accent and thanks foah askin' me ta stay." He replied and pulled me into a hug.

I chuckled into his chest and wrapped my arms around his waist. I liked the way he made my heart drop to my stomach and how safe I felt with him. I know I've only known of him for a week and been face to face with him for two days, but I couldn't help but feel pulled to him. Everything about him made me want to smile. The way he smiled lopsidedly, the way he was so confident but he knew how to listen. I knew he had flaws and I want to know them no matter what!

"I'll see ya later Doll Face!" He said, placing a kiss on the top of my head.

"When can I see ya again?" I asked shyly, not wanting to sound too desperate.

"Anytime youse wants Doll Face! Ya know where ta find me." He walked down the steps and with a fleeting look at me over his shoulder and his cocky smile, he was gone.

Now to start the day Carrying The Banner!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it is really short!

I just wanted to update because I know it's been a while and I didn't wanna disappoint!

Love yas!!

-K.

XxOo.