Chapter Thirteen: Brutality

SPOT'S POV

"Just think, okay! Where could she ag gone? What way does she normally go ta get ta Brooklyn? Can ya think Spot?" Davey asked me, gripping my shoulders.

We were in the 'Hattan lodging house, in the bunk room. It was just me, Davey, Ace, Shot and Race, because Davey sent out all the odder newsies ta look in da close by areas and ta interrogate da Delancey bruddahs, ta see if dey had her.

"Look Spot! Youse gotta snap outta it, okay? I know ya is worried 'bout Milly, but so am I! Ya gotta help us out here." Davy said, this time gripping my shoulders.

"She takes da shoirt way. Dats da only way she knows." My eyes were glued shut, thinkin' ah any other place she could be.

"Spot, we ain't thought ah da obvious." Ace said, speaking up from da corner of da room.

"Whatta ya talkin 'bout?" I asked.

He only spoke one word and it chilled me to da core.

"Queens."

MILLY'S POV

My eyes constantly darted around the room, looking for something or someway to escape. Not for my own sake, but for my newsies. Spot and Davey must have found I was missing by now and they would be in a mad panic, and it would only take them a little bit of time before the figured out where I was and who had taken me. If they aren't careful there is going to be way to much blood shed.

DAVEY'S POV

"SPOT!" I screamed, running after him. "We can't just go barreling in there! Youse'll get us all killed!" I said, starring at the red faced boy in front of me.

"We'll Ise sure as hell ain't gonna let Tommy get away wit dis. She's my woirld and he could be hurtin her!" he said, pushing past me and stalking off, but I stopped him again.

"You don't think Im scared? she is like my little sister! I love her just as much as you do, maybe not in the same way, but I still love her! But, you know she is strong and smart and can take care f her self, but what happens if we rush in there and get killed? what happens if you do something stupid and they kill her? what are youse gonna do then? Think about it! Wes gotta be calm bout this. Lets just go you, and me. We can talk ta em' at foist and if dey don't give her back, then we leave and come back wit man power. Okay?" I said, rushingly, trying to calm spot down and though it may not have worked he backed up and nodded his head.

"Alright, now come on. Just you and me."

MILLY'S POV

"Wake up you wretched goil!" Was all I heard until I felt the stinging pain of a slap across the face. Then my gag was pulled out of my mouth and I started screaming, only to endure a fist to my jaw.

"No one can hear ya here Doll Face! Now, some boidys told me your puppy dog and 'big brother' is on da horizon comin ta get ya. So wes gotta roughin' ya up a bit." Tommy said, pulling a pair of brass knuckles out of his pocket.

"Ain't youse already beatin' me enough?" I said, tears welling in my eyes as I think back to the man punching my brother before pulling out a gun.

"Oh no, no, no. You barely look like a hair has been shuffled." He said, befor swinging his fist and hitting my mouth. I felt it split automatically and blood began to pour. I let out a sob as tears fell from my eyes.

Another hit reached my stomach and my head hit the floor soon after, because Tommy hand kicked the chair. I wanted to clutch my throbbing head, but my restraint kept me still. My crus echoed the room and I felt blood against my scalp.

A kick to my face left black spots in my vision and muffled my hearing.

"To bad Spots not here ta help ya. To bad." Tommy whispered with one swift kick to my stomach before he left me laying on the cold ground.

"S-s-spot." Was all I could stutter out, before I was met with blackness again.

SPOT'S POV

"Tommy, I want her back now!" I said, throwing open the door to the Queens lodge house.

"What eves do ya mean? Youse shouldn't be accusin'' me on my own toiff." He replied to me with a wicked grin.

"Here is she! where is my Doll Face?" my voice cracked almost exposing my façade.

"Oh possessive, aren't we? Cant ya share? Oh wait, I forgot who I was talkin too. But, I guess now that you mention her, Ill show ya where she is." He said gesturing for me and Davey to follow him. "Make sure youse two Dont outstep youse boundarys Conlon, my boys aren't to fond of ya."

"Just take me to her!" I growled.

He led us down a set of stairs and into a dimly lit hallway and straight to a door. When he opened said door my heart fell to the bottom of the ocean.

My Milly laid unconscious on the floor, her hair matted with blood. The blood that was leaving a trail from her mouth was still wet, meaning that she was just soaked.

I went to charge at Tommy, but Davey held me back.

"Look Spot, soaken him ain't gonna fix Mills. Okay?" He said to me, causing me to look back at the heap of my goil on the floor. I fought Davey's restraint and dropped to my knees by Milly. I kissed her forehead and checked to see if she was still breathin'.

"Don't even think 'bout untiein' her Spot." Tommy said, as he dragged me away from Milly. He then set her chir back in its legs, causing her to stir and sob with pain. He then harshly grabbed her face, making her eyes snap open and then wince in pain.

"Let. Her. Go." I growled.

"On one condition..." Tommy mused.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CLIFF HANGER!

Er mer Gerwd! So this was a lot of work, and though it prob doesn't seem like it it was.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO vote and comment! I love youse guises interaction and I appreciate it every time!!

Also comment any good Newsies stories (including your own) that I should read and if I already am Ill let you know!

Much love,

-K

XxOo