Chapter Seventeen: Fighting

SPOT'S POV

"Hey Doll Face! I know ya don't like meh callin ya that, but it makes me feel a little closer to ya." I said, stroking Milly's face. Her eyes were closed, but you could see the bruises underneath them. Her chest fell lightly with breath, but it wasn't enough for me!

"Please open ya eyes Mils! It's been three days and I miss those green eyes of yours! And I miss being able ta hear ya voice. I haven't talked to anyone but Ace and Davy. I'm afraid of cracking again." My breath started to shake and my vision became distorted. I gripped her hand in mines and squeezed gently.

"I cried in front of my boys, Milly! I ain't ever cried in front of them. But you were hurt and it scared me. Ya know I'd do anythin for ya and I just want cha to get bettah. I miss ya so much..." my voice trailed off and I laid my head on Milly's chest and listened to her heart beat.

"You are my everything Milly. We's only known each other for a month, but it seems like much longer! I want you ta know everything about me. Where I'm from originally. What my real name is. What happened ta my parents. Why I'm da way I am... I want ya ta know, because well... I... I'm in-n l-love wit you."

My breath hitched in my throat as I came to realize that she was the first person I had every said that to other then my ma, and he didn't even know I was sayin it. Would I be able to admit it again when she woke up? Does she even feel da same way?

"Look at me, now I'm da one stuttering. I'm proud of you by da way, ya know, For working so hard on dat! I love ya I ya stutter or not, but I know it makes you happy!"

There it was again. That word. Love. I really meant it as well. I loved her. I loved her with all my heart and power. I would do anything for her and I wish she would just wake up. I heard Ace calling me from downstairs saying something about the Queen newsies.

"I'll be right back Doll Face. I Love ya!"

MILLY'S POV

I heard every single word he said, but I could not find the strength in me to respond. I have been listening to him and Davey and Ace talk for the longest times but I cannot see them or answer them! I want to fight but I can't I'm too weak.

The night my brother was murder kept replaying in my mind, along with the scenes from being at the queens Burroughs. Every time I tried to push them away they came back harder, and all I wanted to do was make them stop! they hurt so bad. I just wanted to crawl into Spot's arms and cry.

Now he has just admitted his feelings for me and I can't respond! I can't tell him tell him how much I... well.... Love him also!

Snap out of it Millicent! He loves you! you need to wake up and tell him! I fought and fought and fought, but with no prevail. I was still weak and all of the fighting made me sleepy...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't updated in a while! this story is almost over I wanna get like two more chapters and an epilogue in, then I have a preposition for you guys!

More info later!

Thanks for read!! Remember to BOTE FAN AND COMMENT YOUR FAVORITE DAY OF THE WEEK!!!! Mine is Thursday and I'm not sure why........

Peace out Girl Scouts ✌️✌️

-K.

XxOo