Chapter 3 Broken Glass

I awoke to my car alarm going off and my bedroom window broken. I pulled on a shirt and ran outside to my car. I seen a note that said "If you know what's good for you leave!" I turned my car alarm off and laughed "If your going to leave a poorly written note and DNA! Why don't you turn yourself in." I collected a piece of glass that had blood on it and put it in a vial. I decided to clean up the mess and give my friend Kyle. That works for a forensics lab. The DNA. I cleaned up the glass and went back to bed. I only slept for about an hour. When I heard my phone ring. I answered it sleepy and asked "Hello?" It was Jane she said "Wake up!?!" I shot up and said "Um? What is it now?" She said "We have a new case!!!" I quickly pulled on some clothes and didn't fix my tie. I had the vial in my trench coat. I pulled on my converse and snatched up my... Oh yeah. My car is broken. I just ran out the door to the crime scene. I finally got to the place as the police were wrapping it up. I pulled out my badge and wallet. I said "I'm Sebastian and this is Jane my sidekick!" I gasped for air as they looked at my papers. They said "Aren't you a bit late Sebastian?" I said "I know it's not my thing but someone attacked my house." Jane turned me around and said "What did happen? Attacked you say." I rubbed the back of my neck and said "Well someone threw a brick in my house window. They also bashed in my windshield." The cops took my report and we were finally able to do our investigation. We walked into a small apartment that reeked of blood. I slowly pushed open the bedroom door. There was an old lady in bed. Her sheets were thrown all over and she was doused in blood. This was a very sloppy murder though. I seen muddy footprints all over and the murder weapon just tossed on the floor. It made me think of my car. How messy it was and how there was a whole bunch of clues. I pulled out a napkin and picked up a piece of hair that was on the floor. I smiled up at Jane and said "Well here we have some DNA! Let's get this to Kyle real quick!" She tilted her head and asked "Kyle?" I smiled and said "You can see him after we get there! First I have to take my car to the auto shop!" I called a tow truck and said "Ok now let's see Kyle." I fixed my tie and buttoned my shirt up the rest of the way. She asked "Why do you seem so tense?" I put on a smile and said "Don't worry about it! You'll see!" Soon we arrived at the Forensics lab. Right once we walked in Kyle threw himself on me. I blushed and said "Hey stop.... We have work to do!" He frowned and stuck his tongue out. He said "Oh all alright but you owe me a kiss later!" Jane looked at me and laughed. I handed Kyle the vial. He looked concerned and asked "Where is this from?" I sighed and said "That's part of my cars windshield. This hair is from a murder scene. I believe the two are connected." Kyle began to process stuff and I sat next to him. He leaned closer to me and I leaned back falling out of my chair. Causing Jane to laugh. Kyle said "I found a match." I got up and Kyle pulled me close to him. I decided to give him a kiss. I leaned down and pressed my lips to his. He blushed and his eyes shot open. Jane cleared her throat and said "Guys we have a crime to be solving!" I pulled away and said "Oh... Yeah that. I already know who the killer is!" She said "What how?" I smiled and said "Here we go! His name is Damon Allen. He has been causing various crimes in this area." She got frustrated and said "Why didn't you catch him?" I said "Because we need to go right now! Before he kills someone else!" We rushed outside and through various alley ways. Soon arriving at his house. I whispered to Jane "Call the cops and tell them to come to this address! I found the broken glass murderer!!!" I knocked on the door and he answered. I smiled and said "Hello I'm Sebastian Alexander of The New world investigation agency!" He was about to run but I grabbed his arm and said "You also owe me $500 of damage you did to my car. Also $1,500 for my house!" Finally the cops pulled up and said "Good job Sebastian!" I smiled at Jane and said "It was all to simple! He left too many clues it was no fun!" With that another case was solved. Thanks to Jane, Sebastian, and Kyle!