Chapter 11 Home

Once we got back into the town it was the next morning. Both of the girls were passed out in my car...(Sleeping) I sighed and unlocked my house door. I stretched and walked into my house. My house was dimly lit by the rising sun which was laying on the horizon. Yawning I headed to the kitchen to prepare some coffee and pancakes. My phone began to ring and I answered "Sebastian and Jane privet investigator at your service!" The person said "Hello I'm Amy and I wanted you to find my mom's killer." I spilled pancake batter on the floor and repeated "Killer?" She confirmed again "Killer..." I felt as though a gust of air burst through my chest. I dashed outside after she hung up. I shook Jane and Joanna up. I said "WE HAVE TO FIND A MURDERER!!!!" They both jolted at my yelling and shot up. I said "I'm Happy, Scared, and Surprised!" After I said this Jane's phone began to ring. She let out a sigh and said "It's my mom... I have to go but I will help you on this case." Soon Jane's privet car pulled up and she left us. Joanna tugged on my arm and said "I need coffee!" I smiled and showed her into the house. She said "Sebastian... I want to tell you something." I tilted my head and asked "What is it Joanna?" She didn't respond with words. She simply stood up and hugged me tightly. Which looked odd because how tall I was compared to her. Soon I felt my shirt get wet. At this point I noticed she was crying. I lifted her into my arms and earned a small gasp. I asked "What was it Joanna?" She leaned close to my ear and said "I think I-I maybe falling for you!" I gently sat her on her feet and said "Here is your coffee. I will prepare you a bath." She let out a sigh as I turned my back and walked away.  Once I entered the bathroom; I hit the wall as hard as I could. I thought to myself... 'Sebastian. Your such a dumb ass!' I began to prepare a bath for Joanna. I finished and laid out a towel. She walked in and said "I can do the rest... But please just tell me why you won't love me!" I said "Just look through her past and you will know why..." I closed the door and went downstairs an began my investigation. I called Jane and she said "My mom grounded me but sneak over at midnight and we can go!" Before I could object she hung up. I mumbled "I don't need to get yelled at anymore." I went over to see Kyle to ask him a few questions. I arrived at the lab and he said "Hey! Sebastian!" Before I knew it he wrapped his arms around my waist. I said "I have questions about one Mrs.Klorance... Her daughter phoned me this morning and asked me to find her mums killer!" He said "Oh... How did you know I was the one that did the autopsy on her?" I smiled and said "Just a lucky guess!" He pulled up everything he found on her the night her corpse arrived. I said "Just as I suspected!" She was obviously killed using sharp karate skills!" Kyle looked at me and said "No... She was beat over the head with a metal baseball bat!" I let out a sigh and said "Or that but that's boring!" Kyle looked at me and said "Murder is not supposed to be fun! Neither is doing an investigation on it... or at least it shouldn't be!" By this time it was nearing sunset. I said "I have to go and pick up Miss Jane!" With that I left Kyle and drove to Jane's house. I got there and she was in the middle of climbing out her bedroom window. I said "What in blue blazes are you even doing?!?!?" She fell into my arms and I quickly put her in my car and drove off. She said "Ok... She was killed with what?" I said "A metal baseball bat.. Maybe a baseball player killed her!" She rolled her eyes and said "I highly doubt that would happen!" I smiled and said "You never know!" We found Amy... Dead with a note in hand. It read as followed..."Try and find the killer... The rest was scribbled out and said 'Too late!' Love, Amy" I said "Well... This is getting out of hand!" I pulled out my katana and looked around the house. An a man dashed out at me holding a metal baseball bat. He swung down and almost hit me. Jane pulled out a gun and shot the man twice in the chest. I gasped and fell. I said "Well... That solved the case I believe now let me get you home!" We phoned the cops and they picked up the corpses. I drove Jane home and quickly drove home to Joanna. Who refused to talk to me until... I tell her how I feel about 'us'. There is another case closed thanks to a very cynical Jane and Sebastain!