Chapter 7 High School?

Today was just a normal day at school. Minus Jane was at my school... A public one. The funny thing is we have a field trip today that last about 4 days! But it's camping. I hate camping and I hope there is a mystery and I'm going to have Joan come too. If I can sneak her there. I reported to first hour. Waiting to be called to the library and sent on our field trip. Finally at 8:30 PM we were all assembled in the library. Jane and Joan sat next to me. Mr. Donnie glared at me and coughed "Sebastian! May I have a word with you?" I nodded and followed him into the hall. He asked "Who are those girls?!!?" I said "Umm... One is a new student and The other one is a foreign exchange student!" He nodded and sent me back into the library. I sat back in between them. They smiled and I said "We can play Cards against Humanity later when it's bedtime!" Joan blushed and our principle snatched the cards out of my hands. I said "Hey! I mean Hi Mr. Smith!" He said "No playing dirty games at my school Mr. Alexander! Got it?" I said "YES SIR! Of course Sir!" He walked in front of everyone and said "Boys on one bus and girls on the other... There will be no talking on the bus just silence! Now let's go have fun!" I hugged Joan and Jane; Then whispered "Join me when we get there!" They nodded in agreement then we were off! Unfortunately for me Kyle came and we have to share a tent... Just me and a scary gay guy! ((((After 4 hours of pain staking silence)))) We finally ended up at the camp grounds. Where I met up with Jane and Joan. An Kyle who was clinging onto me. I said "Hey girls!" They ran over to us and said "We get to share a tent! By the way... Have fun with Kyle!" Jane added a well placed wink. While Joan looked a bit depressed hearing the statement. I said "Well we got here late... See you ladies later!" We all went to our tents. I fell asleep on the ground. While Kyle was sleeping on the bed. I awoke to a shrill scream that pierced through the night. I quickly shot up and out of my tent running to the screams. Jane must have heard them too; Because we were both racing to the sound. We were to late when we arrived. One of my classmates Sara Planters was dead. Her throat was slashed open and her clothes covered in crimson blood. I began to take notes. I found foot prints around the body. I took notes of the size, the scene, and the putrid smell of blood in the air. I said "This looks very messy... Jane we better head back to our tents. I will alert the police and park rangers. I know this is hard to ask after seeing something like this; but please get some rest!" She nodded frozen from shock. You could tell poor Sara was still warm when we arrived. The police questioned me for a good hour an let me go finally. I smiled to myself and said "Kyle... You know about forensics and I know murder! Let's solve this case!" I gave him my notes and Jane explained the crime scene. Joan started to type up everything about the case.  I smiled as we all sat in mine and Kyle's tent. That is until Mr.Smith walked up to our tent. He shouted "What is going on here!!?! Girls report to the daily activities! As for you two trouble makers... Clean the litter and Bathroom!" I huffed "Wha- That's not fair!" He said "Life isn't a fair! Now get to work!!!" After he left I told the girls to be careful because I feel the murderer is only going after girls. Throughout the day there were no murders. Nothing felt out of place until nightfall... I awoke to some one shouting "SEBASTIAN!!! HELP!" I noticed the voice as Joan's. I ran like a bat out of hell to see her lying on the ground. Blood spilling out of her chest. I fell to my knees and pulled her into my lap. Applying pressure to the wound. She said "Sebastian if I die I want you to know... I." She slowly closed her eyes. I shouted "NONONO!!! Joan!" I heard rustling in the bushes and out ran Mr.Donnie. Dashing at me whilst clutching a knife. He was covered in blood. I pulled out my pistol  and shot his hand. He fell to the ground. I pressed the barrel to his head. At this point tears were rushing out of my eyes. Soon Jane ran to my side. She asked "Sebastian?" I sobbed "You know how much pain you've inflicted on me? Mr.Donnie?" He started to chuckle insanely. I let out a growl. An right when I was about to pull the trigger Jane stopped me. She said "If I was you... I would let him rot in prison." I collapsed to my knees as the cops handcuffed Mr.Donnie. They brought out a body bag for Joan. I shouted "Put her down! She's still alive!" I pulled her into my arms and asked "Isn't that right Joan? Joan?" She was pale her blood was starting to dry. I held her tighter to my body and said "It's all my fault! I couldn't resist having you by my side. It might as well have been my own hands that killed you!" The police and paramedics pulled Joan out of my grasp. I began sobbing loudly. The police put a shock blanket on me. An Jane hugged me tightly. I cried "Why didn't he just stab me!" I hugged my knees and cried. Jane said "Cry as long as you need but Joan wouldn't want this for you..." I stuttered "S-She was going t-to s-say something... B-but she couldn't finish!" She smiled warmly and said "It was probably 'I love you'!" With this tragedy another case was solved!!!