Epilogue

-Parker's POV-

"Has he woken up yet?" Cedric asked for the millionth time. The doctor looked down, but not before momentarily flashing a sad expression.

"The medicines are working and the surgery went well. We just need to wait until he is ready to wake up." Before Cedric could ask anymore questions, the doctor left, leaving the two of us alone in the waiting room. I sat back down in the small brown chair, wiping my nervous hands on my pant legs.

Cedric started to pace. "What if he doesn't wake up?" he exclaimed, his voice frantic. "The doctors could be lying and he really isn't okay. What if--" I cut off my mate's worried brother.

"Calm down, Cedric." I ordered. "You are Christian's mate, you would know if he was not okay. You would know better than all of us if he was not going to wake up." Cedric stopped pacing, stopped breathing for a moment, before starting to walk again.

"I'm just worried."

"And you should be." Both Cedric and I turned our heads to the right, where Kayla stood at the end of the hall. Since the fight she had with the other Alpha, she has changed her torn up outfit to a clean pair of sweatpants with one of my old soccer t-shirts from my high school years. While I was defending myself against the brothers-- Edmund and Raphael we learned their names were-- Kayla had managed to acquire some new minor injuries. Only a few cuts and bruises, the worst being a claw mark next to her right eye. It had bled tons, causing both the doctors and I to panic, but it was only a flesh wound that tore a small vein, hence all the blood. Despite the injuries that should clear up by tomorrow, she still looked beautiful.

I smiled. "The doctors says he will be fine." The doctor we took Christian to was one that Blake had supplied. Blake told us that as a police officer he finds the occasional werewolf with a bullet wound, or in need of medical attention, and cannot bring them to a regular hospital. Instead he brings them to the small clinic my whole pack is currently horded up in. The members who are not patients are running around the perimeter and subtly guarding every exit. Zachariah and his pack are currently off running the length of the woods to find and kill any rogues that have lingered since the attack. Until we get a report that every single one of them has been caught, this hospital remains protected at all times.

Kayla walked over and sat in the plastic chair next to me. "Any news on Ian and Jared?" I scrunched up my nose.

"Ian and Jared are both awake," I told her. "But they had enough blood and dirt on them to make any wolf within a ten foot radius faint. The doctor said that nurses will assist them in baths before we can see them."

Cedric nodded, his pacing slowing slightly. "Christian too. They didn't want to get any dirt or other wolf's blood in his bullet wound." Kayla smiled, a sigh leaving her lips. After all the injured were admitted into the clinic, Kayla and her parents had forced Cedric to leave and clean all the blood off of him as well. The sight was not pretty. Many chairs were broken and even a doctor clawed in the shoulder. The doctor is fine now, but since then he has not revisited this wing again.

"Are you doing okay?" I asked her, putting my hand on her knee.

She nodded. "I'm fine, just a slight headache." Cedric stopped pacing again.

"A headache?" He asked, coming to kneel in front of his little sister. "Have you told the doctor? You could have a concussion, or bleeding in the brain. Oh dear god you could collapse and--" Kayla leaned forward suddenly, putting both hands on either side of Cedric's face, successfully shutting him up.

"You worry about me too much," she whispered. "Christian needs you to stay lucid, do you think you can manage to tame your unstable-self for a few hours?" Cedric nodded, wide eyed. More than likely taking her question as an order rather than a suggestion. Kayla wrapped her arms around Cedric's shoulders, pulling him into a hug. Cedric hugged her tight as she whispered soothing words into his ear. I could tell this was a sibling moment. Standing, I wandered farther down the hall till I found the nearest exit. Vince was manned at this particular exit. A familiar leather jacket was standing next to him as I walked closer. The two of them seemed to be deep in conversation. I opened the door and their voices silenced.