Chapter 3: Blake's house

This chapter has been completely edited since the completion of Secret Puppy Love.

-Parker's POV-

I found my mate, again

The trip to the mall was supposed to only be a small excursion with the boys and I. Having the title of Alpha finally claimed by me, it was time for me to see the brethren I abandoned in my search for education. Never did I guess I would find my mate sitting a few feet away with her friends. That was a surprise all in itself. There was only one person I could think of to visit--besides my brother who I will fill in later-- and that was my old friend, Blake.

Blake was the person I was most fondest of in the world. He was more than just a friend while growing up, he was my mentor. Being nearly a decade older than me, he was always too old to be my best friend, but he was still there whenever I needed him as a kid. I remember the day Blake found his mate. The day will forever be drilled into my head because it ended with me being emitted into the nearest pack hospital. I was taught the hard way to never touch the mate of anyone after they first meet, he was very protective and even my simple hand shake was too much for him.

Seeing as I was the first one to know of his mate, it would only be fair that I told him about mine. Kayla. The person born into the world to be my other half- and me to be hers. I could not get her out of my mind the whole drive to Blake's old address. Praying that he hasn't moved, I walked to his door with a skip in my step. The memory of my beloved was so fresh, I almost thought I was imagining her as I saw her walk up to the house two doors down. Maybe it was the newly formed bond, or her shorter shorts, but I could not resist going to her. My feet moved before I could comprehend, and suddenly I was right in front of her.

She felt at home with me, I could tell. The human in me knows that any other person when asked to come visit a complete stranger with someone they met an hour ago would say no, but Kayla didn't. Her body knew she wanted to be near me, and trusted that I would never let a hair on her head get hurt. 

Blinded by her beauty, I could not read her well. She seemed hesitant to be near me in the mall, almost scared of my alpha-male instincts, but she did not run. The subject of wolves never arose in our previous conversation. Could she be human? I would not care if she was. There was something about the way she looks at things, an innocent look that lights up her entire face. 

She made me swoon, and Blake caught me swoon as she stepped through his door. "Sit and make yourselves at home," he told Kayla. She nodded, sitting down in the large reclining chair closest to the door. I leaned against the side of the couch. My skin was just itching for me to touch her, hold her hand, but the human in me knew that if she was not a wolf, the action would be too sudden and scare her off. From now on I have to imagine she's human, and court her like any other human would. "Would you like some tea," Blake asked from the kitchen. "I was already making it when you guys got here."

"Sure," I called back. I looked towards the beauty in the chair next to me. She was nervously playing with the hem of her t-shirt. "Would you like some?" 

Her eyes lifted, but did not quite reach mine when she answered. "That would be nice, I love tea."

"I do too," I smile and I watch the corner of her mouth tug upward. "I'll go help." Turning, I follow the familiar path into the kitchen, where I find Blake's eyes follow me with a knowing glint.

"Where did you find her?" he asks, sorting through various boxes of tea bags.

I smiled at the image of her beautiful face flashes my mind. "The boys and I were at the mall."

"She's quite beautiful." he compliments. "You are one lucky man."

"I know," I really am.

"Are you gonna tell her?"