Chapter 6: A plan to tell

This chapter has been completely edited since the completion of Secret Puppy Love.

-Parker's POV-

Sometimes shock can momentarily cause the body to not be able to process pain. There are many reasons why shock can overwhelm the body. An overdose of adrenaline, naturally produced or synthetic, can cause even the most traumatic of accidents to feel painless to the brain.

I remember learning about that common fact in biology during my second year in high school. Though I have never experienced an accident traumatic enough that I felt entirely no pain, but now, having left Kayla after the most amazing evening of my life, I could feel the adrenaline rushing through my system. My increased heart rate troubled my wolf and caused my mind to race. She is beautiful, my mate. The shine of her hair reflects the sun like a beacon, pulling me towards her. 

I cannot believe I kissed her. My plan was sound, not to make anything between us move quicker than a normal human relationship. How could I be so stupid? Kissing her only made things worst, strengthened our bond and make it that much harder to be away from each other. She'll never be able to look at me if she knows the pain she will endure is all because of me. 

Pressing my foot to it's full extent on the gas pedal, my Camaro thrust forward and roared against the opposing wind. I do not regret the kiss, I can't, it was the best feeling that I've ever experienced in all my twenty-three years. If I were a human in Kayla's position, I might be worried about our age difference. How a slightly older man, like myself, would be such intensely attracted to a senior in high school. It's an useless obsession to worry about everything that could be running through her head at this moment. It will drive me crazy if I continue. 

As I sped through dozens of red lights and streets nearly empty of all traffic, my train of thought passed through an epiphany. I will have to spend everyday with her, hoping that a few short hours will be enough to satisfy our bond through the night and to my next visit. If not then the pain will only get worst, increasingly getting more painful until we mate, and completely stitch together the essences of our bonds. It took less than ten minutes to reach my pack's house when it should have taken thirty. Speeding into the gravel driveway, I remained careful to not hit any of my brother's cars before I jumped out of the driver seat, running to the door.

Most of the pack members who live in the pack house were in the living room and looked up as I burst through the front door. Jared and Kyle jumped to their feet with concerned looks.

"I'm in some really deep shit," I tell them, clutching my stomach as a wave of tightness clenched at my side. "I think I need your guy's help."

____________

-Kayla's POV-

My dad had already arrived back home by the time Parker had dropped me off at my house. Like my mother had suggested, Cedric had ordered Chinese food for everyone, including me. The boys had already ate, but Cedric was waiting at the counter for me with my portion when I walked into the kitchen. "I got you your noodles."

"Thanks," I smiled, sliding into the seat across from him. "How is mom?"

He shrugged his shoulders, not looking at me. "She came out yet, but I heard her take a bath. I think she'll be fine."

"Good," I nod. Slipping the wooden chopsticks out from their paper carriers, I took a bite of the cold noodles.

"I can heat that up for you."

I shook my head. "I'm good." I ate in silence, taking my time with every bite. Cedric seemed to notice my quietness and kept glancing up as I chewed. Focusing on the sink in the corner of the room, I pretended not to notice.