Chapter 26: Man Hunt

-Ian's POV-

I stared at Cedric's now red eyes for a good minute before I decided it was safe to breath again.

He didn't move, just stood there as his mother rubbed circles on his arm and shoulder. After a while of just staring into the corner his eyes suddenly flashed to Kayla lying a mere ten feet away on the sofa.

His mother nor his father held him back as he took slow steps to kneel down beside her and stroke her hair. Just by analyzing the look on Christian's face who was only a few feet away from Kayla could tell me his eyes were still turned.

A true Alpha is rare. Something I've never seen in reality till now.

I can see why Kayla's parents did so much to hide her from this world of ours till it was her time. It also explains why her wolf-- who isn't even developed fully in her subconscious yet-- is allowing her to go into a half shift on her own free will.

Seeing Cedric in full protective mode on his sister is quiet a sight, he's acting as if it was his mate he was kneeling by instead of his baby sister.

But hey, in his mind she could be as important as his mate for all I know. At the moment I know nothing but legend.

The true Alphas natural instinct to protect its family-- blood or not-- is stronger then an average wolves. Sure we'd do everything and kill anyone to protect our own, but with a true Alpha if your person were to fail in their protection duties, then you better back the fuck up because their wolf will come out and will kill everyone in its path with no regret. The only regret they'll have is that it took them so long to save their blood.

A breed of wolf genes that strong is rare beyond compare.

It thought it was a myth...

"So did we," I snapped my head over to Kayla and Cedric's mother who seemed to have rather read my mind, or I actually said that out loud. "We knew that he was special but we just thought it was us as parents saying that about our son."

"How did you find out?" I found myself asking without my brains permission.

"Kayla was at home when he changed," His father told me. "I'm sure you could tell he wasn't at home. He was out partying with his friends."

"We could feel him change," His mother continued. "It was a powerful sensation and we went out to try and find him but he was already upstairs, standing guard over his sister while she slept."

They went on to tell us about how no matter what they did he wouldn't make a sound and wouldn't budge besides when he challenged his father for standing too close. The color in his eyes and scared them and they were scared for Kayla. But when the moon finally went down and his wolf finally let the real Cedric resurface.

He had no memory of what happened and no idea how he got home. They had talked to him about what he was and how he didn't even seem to recognize his parents as he stood guard over Kayla.

"...and every year since then we'd watch as Cedric stood guard over Kayla during the full moon," his mother finished and I found myself overwhelmed. What the hell am I supposed to do know this?

"Cedric?" I found myself asking, putting myself in for a death wish. He didn't answer only just stood still as he stared at Kayla. "How do we get to him?" I asked his parents and she sighed.

"Just like this," Her husband wrapped his arm around his wife as her face dropped and suddenly she screamed. I jumped a mile away in surprise along with the rest of my pack. I watched as Cedric's head snapped up and his eyes turned normal as he looked frantically to his mom.