Chapter 19: Changed

-Kayla's POV-

"Mr. Highland?" My head snapped up from Parker and I turned to Cedric.

Almost forgot he was there...

His eyes widened as suddenly everyone was looking at him. He looked like a deer being caught in headlights.

A few growls erupted from the half naked guys next to me and I turned to see that Jared had his canines extended and bared at Cedric. He looked like he was about to pounce.

Before my mind even caught up with my body I lunged in Cedric's direction as Jared jumped and knocked him out of the way. Jared instead rammed into me and everything went black.

___________

-Parker's POV-

Before my mind could register what was happening Kayla and Jared both lunged for Cedric.

Kayla got their first and knocked him out of the way and Jared lunged into Kayla.

Almost instantly I jumped for them and pushed Jared's human form off of Kayla. I looked down at my mates limp form on the ground and started to shift back to my human form.

"Kayla?" I asked and I felt someone throw a pair of shorts at my back. I took the shorts in my hand and started to shake Kayla. "Kayla?" I asked again but no response. I put my ear down to her chest and heard a steady heart beat.

Budump, budump, budump

I let out a sigh of relief, stood up and angrily pulled on the basketball shorts. Ian and the guys surrounded Kayla and I turned around to see Jared still on the ground staring at my mate. His Luna.

"Jared," I hissed and fear clouded his eyes and he looked up to see my eyes starting to change.

"Alpha I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to she stepped in the way I thought she was with you. Parker my man you have to believe me I--" I grabbed him by his shoulder and brought him to his feet. He cut off but didn't protest.

Without thinking I planted a firm punch straight to his jaw. His head rocked back and he stumbled a few feet.

"Parker I'm so sorry, I completely deserved that. You have to believe I'd never hurt our Luna intentionally..." He rambled on and I brought him back up and punch him again in his cheek.

His whole body twisted with the power of the punch and he landed back on his chest.

"Don't you ever hurt my mate again," I growled, trying to settle my wolf whose trying to break through and rip his throat out.

"Yes Alpha never again!" he yells and I stop walking towards him, clenching my fist before turning to Kayla's completely pale brother.

"You what are you doing in my territory?" I growled at him and he cleared his throat.

"I'm sorry I didn't know this was claimed land," he said. "How long has it been claimed my family needs to make a record of this."

"A few weeks," I told him while glaring at him. "The consul was informed and finalized the territory to me after my father passed."

"So my sister is your mate?" he asked. "And you are hers?"

"Yes," I growled curtly and his face sagged.

"How long?"

"Since last week," I told him. "That's when I got back to town."

"So your Parker?" he asks and I nod slowly, letting him know I'm agitated and really don't want a conversation with him right now. "The guy who answered her phone?"

"Yes she was at the pack house and she told me to answer it," I explained and he nodded, still trying to wrap his tiny brain around the concept that his sister is now mated. "Now it's my turn for questions." I told him and his head snapped up but nodded nonetheless. "Why was Kayla informed about us? Werewolves?"

"Our parents didn't tell me till I shifted," he explains. "It's a tradition that our family keeps and Kayla hadn't shifted." he says but then adds. "Well hasn't fully shifted."

"Why are you here?" I continue questioning him.

"I was worried," he says. "Kayla hasn't been right and now I know why."

"Who is your Alpha?" I ask and he stiffens a bit.

"A cousin," he replies vaguely. "One personally that I have never met."

"Name," I demand and he straightens his back.

"I don't know," he admits and I roll my eyes.

"Who in fuck doesn't know his own Alpha's name?" I ask and he glares at me.

"We don't run off of our Alpha all the time," he tries to explain. "Our Alpha just changed I've been told, and I haven't met him yet."

"Who are your parents?" I ask him and he clears his throat again nervously.

"My parents told me never to tell there names to anyone outside my pack that I know in my pack." he says and I roll my eyes again, crossing my arms over my chest impatiently.

"Oh whatever," I turn around and see that my packs already brought Kayla inside. "You can stay on our territory till Kayla wakes up and she can decides what happens after that." I tell him and I turn to see him nod.

"Thank you," he says genuinely and I nod.

"I wouldn't be doing this if you don't mean a lot to her," I told him. "Her stepping in front of you proved that." And with that I turned and walked back into the house.

Authors Note: Sorry short chapter...

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share.

~Kris XOX