Chapter 5: Every moments magic

This chapter has been completed edited since the completion of Secret Puppy Love.

-Kayla's POV-

Nerves ate away at my limbs as Parker drove me down familiar, and some unfamiliar, streets until I had no clue where we were or where we are going. The car is quiet, for the most part, as he drives. I try not to look over, but occasionally I cannot help it. He is very focused as he drives, his eyes never leaving the road ahead, not even to blink. It is very intimidating and I started to feel uneasy, until we stopped at a red light and he took his eyes off the road, just for a second, to give me a smile only a heartthrob could muster.

It feels almost surreal to know I only met Parker today. The dreams of him seem almost imaginary, like they never truly happened. How likely is it that days before meeting someone, I already had a perfectly painted picture of them sculpted in my head. I don't know him, in all honesty, but something, deeper inside of me than my brain, does. I know he is not a psychopath that keeps young girls in his closet, I know that he is not going to drink more drinks than he can count then expect to be able to drive home himself. I know him. I know that he won't hurt me, I know that he is an amazing guy. I don't even know his last name.

Before I realized it, the car had stopped and Parker's lips were moving. "Do you have a curfew?" He asked as he stared down the red light.

"No," I shake my head. "But I probably shouldn't be out too late."

"That's fine," he smiles, meeting my eye briefly. "I won't keep you out that late." As the light changed, I glanced down at the dashboard clock, realizing it has been an hour since I got into the car. Butterflies threatened to burst from their nests if I did not get some answers soon.

Clutching my stomach, I cleared my throat to get his attention. "I don't want to sound like one of those really annoying people who asks 'are we there yet' ever few seconds but come on," I deadpan, looking at the proverbial street names similar to all the ones we have been passing for the last hour. "Are we almost there yet?"

He chuckles, the first imperfection in his armor of concentration that I have seen yet. "Don't worry,. You are not being annoying. We're almost there, just know that." He makes another first and holds my gaze, a smile toying at the corners of his eyes. I couldn't help but blush as he turns his attention back to the road. To hide the blood in my cheeks, I look to the window, still clueless as to where we are.

____________

-Parker's POV-

It's a difficult thing to watch your mate as she anxiously waits for you to reveal what you have been promising her for an hour. If you looked carefully enough you can see the gears in her head turning, trying to figure out exactly what I had in store for her. I smiled at the sight. My mate is smart, I could tell you this much already, and as much as she would love to know where I was taking her, she wanted the surprise enough to refrain from using the GPS on her phone to search and see exactly where we were heading. I chuckled at the revelation, she is enjoying this just as much as I am. If only it could have lasted longer.

"We are here," I announce as I pull into the vacant parking lot. Taking the longer route around the empty parking spots, I made sure that I passed the sign on Kayla's side.

Her face morphed with amazement. "The aquarium?" she asks. "I thought it was closed. Madison loves this place, she was just telling me last week how it won't open again for another month." There was almost a tiny tint of accusation in her tone mixed with shock. I shook my head at her lack of knowledge; if only she knew how much power I pulled in this side of town.

"I know someone who works here," I explained calmly as I parked in the very first space. "He said he could see that the one of the doors 'accidentally' doesn't get locked today after feeding was over." At the beginning of the year, a wealthy pack leader a few towns over struck a deal with the interim alpha in my pack to buy out this tourist attraction and remodel. We agreed on the deal as long as our pack gets a slice of the pie every month for it being on our land. All I had to do was make a call a few hours ago and make sure that someone left the door open for me to roam and see the new exhibits before the official grand opening. It was a win-win, not only did I get to see the new aquarium, I also devised a first date where I know for a fact my mate will experience for the first time with me.