Chapter 10: Here Goes Nothing

-Kayla's POV-

After my little run up with Parker and Ian I sprinted to my locker then down to the lunch hall beating Madison there.

I gave myself a mental high five and and found Owen waving me over at our table. I walked over and saw an empty seat with a tray of food in front of it.

"For you my lady," he says gesturing to the food.

"Oh why thank you my kind sir," I did a fake little curtsy and sat down next to him.

"How is it?" Austin asks sitting down next to me. I take a bite of the pepperoni pizza and moaned. Damn do I love the schools pizza.

"Amazing guys," I tell them and they grin. "But I'm still not telling you what I got Derick." I tell them taking another bite. They curse under their breath and turns back to their food. "Nice try though."

"Is this seat taken?" Austin, Owen, and I all look up and see Parker there twirling and apple in his hand. I raise my eyebrow and he points down to the vacant seat across from us. "Taken?"

"No, take it all you want dude," Owen tells him and Parker grins sitting down. Owen had Chemistry with us earlier and knows Parker as Mr. Highlands, I mean Ian's brother, but he doesn't remember him from the mall.

"So who are you?" Austin asks Parker.

"He's Mr. Highlands brother," I answer looking Parker in the eye. "Your his new assistant,"

"Yes I am," he nods and I can tell he gets my message. Austin and Owen don't know.

"Oh that's cool," Austin says taking a bite of his salad. "You like Chemistry?"

"Oh yes I do, Physical Chemistry mostly." Parker says slowly grinning at me instead of Austin. I momentarily start to choke on my pizza as I realize his double meaning.

"Kayla you okay?" Owen asks putting a hand on my back. I feel Parker tense as Owen rubs circles around my back.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I choke out.

"Good," Austin put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into him. "Cause we still need to know what Austin's birthday present is." I rolled my eyes and pushed him away.

Laughing I look over to Parker and see him basically strangling his apple and staring off behind me.

Discreetly I pull out my phone.

You okay? I text him. After a few seconds he's pulled away from killing his apple and looks down from his phone.

Fine. Just tired.

I decide to let it go after that.

We still on for tonight? I ask him hopefully and once he reads it he grins.

Wouldn't miss it for the world. Pick ya up at 7?

Sure. I agree and put my phone away. The rest of lunch Parker sits with us and Owen and Austin get to know him better. It's kinda fun and we don't let on to anyone that Parker and I are secretly going out.

When lunch is over we part are ways and I go on to gym. I personally love gym but I know Madison doesn't.

Speaking of Madison she wasn't at lunch today.

Huh, what a great friend I am not noticing till now.

Well whatever I'll see her in gym.

As I walk towards the girls locker room I notice that the hallways is completely empty. Must be running later then I thought.

"Wait Kayla," I turned around and saw Parker running towards me.

"Hey what are you doing here?" I ask but he doesn't answer he just comes closer and crashes his lips onto mine. I was surprised at first but then I started to kiss him back and I felt him smile against my lips.

Much to my dismay though we parted and Parker didn't let to of me.

"Do you have to go?" he asked me desperately.

"Not really," I shrugged and I saw Parker's face completely light up.

"Really?" he asked.

"It's not like I want to be here anyways." I shrugged again and he embraced me into a bear hug. "Dude... Parker... can't breath." I complained and he laughed, letting me go.

"Well let's go," he said and took my hand.

"Where exactly are we going?" I ask him.

"To meet some people," he says with a mischievous grin.

___________

-Parker's POV-

It's decided.

Kayla's gonna meet the pack today.

As we walked to her locker I made up a story that explains why I live in a huge house in the middle of the woods with about 15 different guys.

It was actually pretty easy. I told her my great grandparents built it back in the day and now me and my cousins live there and whenever another one visits or need a place I stay they just come there.

Luckily she bought it.

I hate lying to her but I really want her to meet the guys before I tell her about us.

And I know as soon as we get there I'll get bombarded with questions like.

'Is she a wolf?'

'Have you marked her yet?'

'Did you tell her?'

'Is she human?'

And stuff like that and I'm prepared... just not with answers.

After a while of driving Kayla's curious side got the best of her.

"I don't want to say it," she hints at me.

"Then don't," I tease her.

"But..." she trailed off looking at the window and I grinned.

God, do I love this girl.

"We're almost there," I reassure her.

"Okay," she says with a heartbreaking smile. I turn my head fully towards her and reached my hand out to touch her face. Her smile grew as I pinned a loose strain of hair behind her ear.

"Don't worry," I tell her and pull into my driveway. "They'll love you,"

"Yeah," she sucked in a breath and opened her door. "Here goes nothing,"