Chapter 27: Should Have listened the first time

-Roman's POV-

"How much time do we have left?" I asked pacing back and forth across the dingy hotel room.

"Mere hours, barely a day." The man on the bed said unnervingly.

"Where are they!" I slammed my fist down on the highly unstable desk with all my might. "I hid their scent perfectly they should have had no problems."

"Knowing those fools they probably strayed from their path to go compromise our cover and upset the pack." The man stood up fast and not even a second later the hotel room sprung open. Mathew came running in stumbling like a drunken fool. The dilation of his eyes made him look like he was intoxicated with freight.

"They're dead!" he panted. "They went to meet up at the school..." Mathew took many sharp deep breaths. "The Luna was there. It was a slaughter! All of them against them!"

I could feel my skin quickly turn pale. "They're dead?" I questioned.

"Yes the boy has already said that." The man behind me spoke up with an annoyed tone lingering on his words. "Were you there?"

Mathew looked up from his panting confused. "And you are?"

"At this point the less you know is better," he remarked and Mathew nodded, no desire to question the man's authority.

"I was there but not with them." Mathew sat on the faded flower print bed sheet and continued. "I arrived later trying to track down the Alpha from before. The Luna's sister. He was trying very hard to be hidden but I found him.

"I went to go report the news back to Luis but when I got close enough all I could hear was screaming and blood being spilled." Mathew turned pale as he looked up straight into my eyes. "Screaming from a girl and the guys."

My blood ran thin. "They knew we needed her alive!" I yelled. Mathew fringed as if I had slapped him. "They'll never surrender their land if we've killed their new Luna!"

"B-but she was attacking them--" The man cut Mathew's shuddering excuse off.

"Are you defending him?" The man asked coldly. "I will not take sympathizers ruining any plans we have made!" The man's voice had raised to a yell.

"No of course not!" Mathew looked more freighted now than it had before. "They tried to compromise the plans they deserved to die." Mathew hooded his head feverishly trying to reclaim his loyalty.

"Good," The man had his calm demeanor back. "If the Luna is dead we will have to go to plan B. Either way we cannot go back on this deal. The consequences mean life and death to us all."

"But they will not make a trade if they do not have a leader." Mathews brow furrowed. "They'll look for revenge."

"Then we shall not trade for the and," I chimed in, brooding my shoulders to match my stance to my words of authority. "We will have to take what is ours. Rightfully ours."

____________________________________

-Parker's POV-

For the first time since the black veil came down on my sight I could feel something. My body was starting to heal from the loss of my blood. The blood I had gave Kayla to trigger her inner wolf's healing process. She might be able to begin changing but she has not gained the ability of heightened healing. Her inner wolf needed a push to save its own life.

I have never actually seen a ritual like what I did in the works. Never known anyone who has performed something that dramatic. I have only heard myths and legends. Ian too. But I knew that each myth was different, but they always had one thing in common. One or more of the participants ended up dead. No chance of survival.