Chapter 8: Brilliant plan

-Parker's POV-

"Your mate?" Ian asked me still on shock. "Kayla's your mate?"

"Yes that's what I'm trying to tell you," I sigh. Sometimes he can be so slow.

"Hey," Ian slaps me in the back of the head. "I'm not slow just confused." He says and I wait for him to continue. "How is this possible? You've been here I while 1 and a half days and your already connected with the hottest girl in my class?" he asks and I growl at him. "Okay sorry dude, but still."

"Yeah I completed the first ritual yesterday," I admit like a 5 year old about to get punished. I look down at my shoes and wait for his response. When he doesn't give one I look back up and see he's smirking at me.

"So your here cause you followed her scent and you can't get enough?" he asks.

"No," I defend myself a little. "I was here cause I thought you would have lunch now and I was gonna tell you but then I saw she was here," I pointed towards his classroom.

"Okay," he says slowly. "Now what?"

"I don't know," I scratch the back of my neck. "Last night was awful,"

"I bet," he scoffs. "Have you told her yet?"

"No," I look away for a second. "I was hoping you would have something to help me tell her about," I point to the both of us. "Us,"

"Yeah I know what ya mean," he bites the nail on his thumb while he thinks. "Well my class is still going on so I'm gonna need more time to think," he says.

"Yeah but even if I don't tell her right away I'll still need to explain why I would need to see her like everyday and why she'll feel a certain pull to see me until I have sex with her," I complain.

"Well I have an idea," Ian admits.

"What?" I ask desperate. "I'll do anything."

"Well," he scratches the back of his neck. "You could be my teachers assistant." he suggest. "You could come in and help me in class. Plus you get to see Kayla everyday." he explains and I ponder on that.

"That's actually a good idea," I tell him. "We can do that for now and we can find a way to tell her."

"Yeah now let's get back and introduce you before my rooms trashed." he chuckles and I put my hand on the door handle.

"Oh wait," I turn and look at him. "What subject do you teach again?"

___________

-Kayla's POV-

I wait anxiously for Parker and Mr. Highland to come back in. What can possibly be taking them this long? Is Parker telling his brother about me and him?

Oh god, that'll be embarrassing.

When Parker and Mr. Highland finally come in they're laughing. I look up and Parker flashes me a smile before turning his attention to his brother.

"Okay now class," Mr. Highland claps his hands together, silencing the class. "I would like you to meet my brother Parker. He's gonna be my teachers assistant for as long until I can get rid of him." he says and Parker slaps him upside the head.

When he does I couldn't help but chuckle, they really are brothers.

Parker turns his attention towards me after I chuckle and gives me a smile.

So I guess he isn't mad that he found out I'm still in High- School.

"Yeah class I'm Parker." he says smiling. "Please do not call me anything professional like Sir or Mr." He pretends to shutter. "Bad enough you have to call this loaf that," he says and Mr. Highland elbows him in the ribs, but Parker doesn't seem to notice it.

"Okay now I'll give you guys a minute to ask Parker and questions you have," Mr. Highland says and sits down at his desk.

"Okay shoot," Parker says and hands start to spring up. Parker picks on one randomly.

"How old are you?" A jock in the back says.

"I'm 21," he says and my jaw drops. It didn't really occur to me that when he didn't know my age I didn't know his either. I mean I'm almost 18 but still.

"And you," he points to someone else.

"What's your favorite color?" a girl in the front asks. I already know this, blue.

"Blue," he tells her and I mentally I high five myself for remembering that.

"Okay, what about you," he points to someone else.

"Are you single?" I turn and see one of the plastic dolls leaning over her desk showing him her cleavage. I don't know why but I felt the sudden urge to stand up and yell at her that he's mine. But instead I just look to Parker, wondering what his answers gonna be.

"No I'm not single," he says and sits down in the chair next to Mr. Highland. I look at him like he's crazy.

He has a girlfriend!?!?

Now I feel really hurt, am I gonna be like 'the other girl' in his other relationship?

"Okay that's enough questions," Mr. Highland says and starts teaching. After a second Parker very discreetly looks over and winks at me. Wait what!

Was he saying I'm his girlfriend?

I'm so confused...

___________

-Parker's POV-

After Ian started teaching again I looked over at Kayla who's staring at me like I'm crazy.

And to her I probably am. I can see the hurt on her face and I discreetly wink at her.

I don't want to think I had a girlfriend cause I was somewhat applying her as my girlfriend.

I know were mates and that technically means more then just 'a girlfriend' or 'a boyfriend,' but she didn't know about any of that.

Oh god I really didn't hope I just scared her away by being too forward.

Don't worry your fine, Ian tells me through the pack link. You can't scare her away that easily.

Yeah I hope not... Cause that would totally suck.