Chapter 12: Family affairs

-Parker's POV-

Quickly, after say a swift good bye to the pack, I rushed Kayla back to the car. I have to admit I was a little tense when I answered her phone and a guy was on the other end yelling at my mate, but then Kayla said it was her brother and relaxed a little. He sounded an angry boyfriend at first and I knew I couldn't have that.

As we were driving Kayla explained to me that Cedric was an awesome brother but when it came to "more than just friends" with boys, he goes ballistic.

She also explained about this dinner and why it was so important. Apparently there was this resort that Kayla's mom manages and her cousins own, and she wants to see if her cousins can spare two rooms for spring break so that her friends could go as a birthday present for her friend Austin.

"Yeah my parents have taken me and my brother there before and its awesome!" Kayla gushed as we came onto the main road. "It's a great little vacation and if this dinner goes good then I'll be able to say tomorrow that I got it done!"

"Yeah it sounds great," I say a little nervously. "How long are you going to try to be there?"

"Well I'm gonna try and get the rooms for a little shy of the two weeks of vacation, why?" she asked still smiling at her plan. Mentally I groan. I can't leave her alone unmarked for 2 weeks!

"And your trying to leave that Tuesday?" I ask, ignoring her question.

"Yeah, Why? You seem anxious? You not want me to leave?" She joked and I let out a forced laughed.

This changes everything.

______________

-Kayla's POV-

Parker drove me home as fast as he could and parked outside of Blake's house.

"Thanks for today," I lean over and give Parker a small kiss on the lips and turn to open the door. But before I could even get my hand to the handle hands snake around my chest and I get pulled into Parker's lap. "Parker!" I squeal, and Parker nuzzles his face into my neck.

"Please don't go," he pleads and I feel my heart break. I really don't want to go, and he doesn't want me to either.

"Parker I have to go get ready," I tell him and his grip on me tightens protectively.

"Kayla will you promise me something?" he asks looking into my eyes with sad eyes.

"Of course," I tell him with a smile.

"No matter what I say will you always believe me?" he says. "Trust me?"

"Of course," I say with a slight laugh. "I do trust you. Probably a lot more then I should." I give him a slow meaningful kiss on the lips. "Can I go now?" I ask him playfully.

"No," he says and gives me a peck on the lips. "Now you can,"

***

"Okay I'm here!" I yell out as I scramble into the house.

"About time!" Cedric yells and he follows me up to my room. "Were gonna meet mom and dad at the restaurant in an hour."

"Good that's all I need," I bursted into my room with Cedric at my heel. "Cedric can you plug in the curling iron?" I ask him as I open my closet.

"Yeah sure where is it?"

"Bathroom 2nd drawer," he nods and disappears into my bathroom for a minute before coming back out.

"Kayla who answered the phone?" he asks and I don't look up from my dresses as I answer.

"No one, my friend," I say nonchalantly.