Chapter 21: Meeting the Parents

-Kayla's POV-

"Kayla," I felt a slight shake on my shoulder. "Kayla come on wake up breakfasts ready." As soon as I heard breakfast my eyes snapped open and I took a deep breath through my nose.

Ummm I smell...

"Waffles," Parker answered giving me a small kiss on the cheek. I smiled and looked down at myself. I'm still wearing the clothes I was in yesterday.

And before all your naughty heads go to the gutter, nothing happened between me and Parker. Well not nothing but...

"You hungry?" he asked and I gave him a look and he chuckled. "I'll take that as a yes."

"Parker there is one thing you should know about me if were going to be 'mated for life'" I told him putting finger quotes over 'mated for life.'

"And that would be?" he mused and I gave him the most serious expression I could muster.

"I am always hungry."

***

"Do I have to go?" I whined as Parker took my dishes.

He looked at me once before turning around and laughing.

"Well I'm not falling for it this time so yeah," he tells me and I groan.

"But I like it here," I protested and he shrugs as he turns on the water to wash the dishes.

"Not my problem."

"But I don't want to leave," I whined like a three year old and he chuckled again.

"Well too bad I'm kicking you out for the day."

"Your kicking your Luna out?" I asked him crossing my arms over my chest, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Yes," he said simply, not turning around. Even though he couldn't see me I still narrowed my eyes at his back till I got an idea.

Smirking to myself, I closed my eyes and concentrated on what Parker was saying about shutting people out of a link. I focused on having a conversation with one of the pack members and sent a message.

Help Parker's gone crazy! Help! I told him and opened my eyes, a slight smirk forming onto my face.

Parker kept his back turned to me as I heard running coming through somewhere in the house.

"Kayla! Kayla what's wrong? Parker!?!" Christian came running into the kitchen half dressed looking alarmed. Parker spun around with a soapy sponge in his hand and looked at Christian wide eyed.

"What? What's wrong?" he asked and Christian turned to me and Parker followed his gaze to me.

"Parker's trying to kick me out," I told him and his shoulders visibly sagged in relief.

"Well then just put him in the dog house," he said and I grinned.

Dog house?

"No Kayla," I heard from behind me but I didn't turn around to look at him.

"Dog house you say?" I ask and Christian grins.

"Yeah it's where Ian used to throw us when we were bad," he said. "I remember he used to say 'If your going to act like animals then I'm gonna treat you like an animal' and he would chain us to the house. Shifted or not."

"Christian stop putting ideas in her head!" Parker yelled and Christian just grinned innocently at him.

"She would have found it sooner or later," he said with a wink and slowly backed out of the room, leaving me with alone with Parker.