Chapter 2: Him... Her...

This chapter has been completely edited since the completion of Secret Puppy Love.

-Kayla's POV-

It took hours of mindlessly searching through different stores before someone was the first person to purchase something for Derick. Surprisingly enough the winner was Austin, he managed to swipe the Hangover Part III from the movie store while we were meandering the music aisles. No one thought to get movies that he wanted to see, but now Austin has officially taken it off Madison and Owen's possible gift ideas.

Even being a girl accustomed to long shopping trips, Madison was the first to throw in the towel. "Okay, I'm beat," she conceded. "Lets go get something to eat and give my poor feet a break."

"Yeah, you guys are not getting anywhere any time soon," I agree. "Maybe it'll help if we get some food." Owen groans, mumbling profanities under his breath.

Austin, being the show off he was, puffed his chest out as he walked, proudly holding the bag containing the movie. "Owen and I will get some food you guys wait here." Owen glared at him, but followed him to the food lines nonetheless.

Madison dropped her purse on the table in front of us. "So you wouldn't even give me a hint?" She asks for the millionth time today.

"Nope," I tell her, emphasizing the p. I smile and say, "My gift won't give you any hints for what you could get, it's kind of one of a kind." Knowing I am bragging, I raise my eyes to see Madison's expression. Instead of seeing an expected fuming expression, I see my best friend's slack jaw as she openly ogle at something behind me.

Abruptly, she closes her mouth and whispers, "Oh my..."

"What?" I spare a quick look over my shoulder, then back to her. "What do you see?"

She raises a trembling finger. "Look," she points behind me and I turn once again. It takes me a second to follow her finger to where she was directing my attention to. When I finally saw them, a gasp left my lips. 

Walking into the food court was a group of boys--men-- all varying in degrees of hotness. Their tall structures and lean bodies made them look well into their twenties, when some may have only been our age. Shamelessly, I joined Madison in her gawking party, openly scanning over the faces of every man until I found the one on the end. As if he knew I was looking at him, the one farthest from me snapped his attention from one of his friends to me. I grabbed Madison's hand as the hairs on the back of my neck saluted his presence.

"Madison..." I whispered. "Please tell me I'm not dreaming." Even from across the floor his vibrant green eyes pinned me to my seat. A chocolate mob of hair covered his forehead, and he quickly ran his hand through the mess, causing brown his ubiquitous locks to roam free.

I vaguely notice Madison reaching over the table and shaking my shoulder, proving to me that I was awake. Slowly, I pulled my eyes from the pair threatening to swallow me whole. "Kayla? What's wrong?" Madison grasps my shoulder, worry in her tone.

"It's him," I breath, my eyes widening. "He's here."

Madison grows confused. "Who?"

"Brown hair at the very end," I nod my head behind me to where she had pointed before. "That's the guy from the dreams." Once I explain, her face morphs into understanding, a brief sense of apprehension, then joyful excitement.

Her eyes examine the man in question, sizing him up and down. "Really?" It took all my strength not to turn around and gape at him alongside her. "See I told you you'd meet him!" she exclaims. Once again, she looks over my shoulder and her face brightens even more. "OMG dude he's looking over here," her eyes snap to mine. "Go look!" she urges. I pause, a sense of panic rushing over me. Did I want to turn around and see him? Did he know me? Those unanswered questions burned into my thoughts, making it unachievable to continue to avoid his gaze.