Chapter 14: To cry wolf

-Parker's POV-

"Parker?"

Her question shocked me.

Her face became soft and suddenly her cousin seemed to slip her mind as her eyes widened.

"Parker?" She asked again, taking my silence as a yes.

I just couldn't. I was shocked completely silent and still. I coulodn't move.

How did she see it was me? She must feel the connection. Oh my god she feels the connection!

That made me literally grin in excitement. My tail started to wag and I stared up at her like she was my master with food. She was my master, and forget food, I have her now. And hopefully forever.

"Do you understand me?" She choked out and I nodded my head up and down. Her eyes grew huge as she stared at me, a tear escaping her eye. I let out a little whine and rubbed my face against her closest hand. She quickly wiped her tears away and I licked her hand.

"Ew!" She took her hand backed and laughed. Laughed that same laugh I was hear just earlier with her little cousin, till Zachariah and his pack of idiots messed it up.

Growling, I look behind me to the multiple unconsious bodies behind me. Those ass hats tried to harm my mate. I should kill them, torture them till they beg me to kill them.

As if sensing my rage Kayla moved closer and started to pet my back again.

"Hey it's okay their all gone now Parker." I'm guess she adds the last part just to make sure that I'm me.

Well I guess this is the time to tell her.

___________

-Kayla's POV-

"Hey it's okay their all gonna now... Parker." just hear me say his name brings me into a shock.

How is this big wolf Parker?

How did I know?

As soon as I looked into his eyes I saw it. I saw my Parker, the one I was drinking with earlier. The one begging me not to leave.

Parker stops growling and looks up at me one more time, before getting up. My arm slips from his side as he stood.

Wow, this wolf is huge.

I look once more into those big blue eyes. Is it possible to want to jump a dogs bones?

Before I get to say anything the wolf is gone. He runs off to the end of the alley where he came from, out of sight. Without looking back.

"Parker?" I ask again to the air. Did I scare him?

Who am I kidding?

The dog didn't understand me.

I look around to the pile of bodies around me. One which happens to be my cousin. Shaking my slightly head I look back to Piper. Her chest is rising and falling, so she's alive.

I let out a sigh of relief and sit her back up right.

As I check her for injuries my mind wandered back to that damn wolf.

I'm going crazy, I thought to myself. Thinking wolves can understand me.

I look back behind me to the unconscious bodies on the ground.

How did that wolf know we were in trouble?

How did it know to attack them?

Why did it bother?

To the best of my abilities I push all the questions popping into my head aside and try to push Piper up the brick wall to lift her up.

She's a little heavy and I feel really drained and I struggle to keep her up. Shakily I get to my own feet but I twist on my stupid heel and we both end up falling. I scream as we go down.

"Kayla!" I push Piper away while falling and I feel two arms snake around my waist, keeping me from falling.

Shocked I looked up to see Parker's beautiful face inches from mine, his arms wrapped around me.

"Parker?" I ask and throw my arms around his neck. He pulls me into his warm chest and I just sob. He grips me even tighter.

"It's okay baby," he coos into my hair. "Everything's okay the bad guys are gone." As soon as that leaves his mouth my eyes shoot open.

"Wolf!" I cry and pull away. He cringes at my words and I look into his mesmerizing blue eyes, ones I would recognize anywhere. The ones I just saw seconds earlier.

"Yes," he sighs and I see tears form in his eyes.

"But--" I open my mouth and then close it again. "How?"

"I was born like that," he says and his face scrunched up as if he was bracing for an impact.

"How?" I ask again dumbly. "Born with it? With what?"

"I can change," he admits and I dig my nails into his shirt. A different one from when he was wearing earlier. "Change my whole body, my whole genetic make-up."

"You change?" I hear the words coming out of his mouth but my mind isn't comprehending them.

"Into an animal," he says shakily. As if he was delivering the news I have a day to live. "A wolf," he whispers and I feel like my whole chest explodes. Dizziness surrounds me and I feel like Parker's suddenly become more distant.

"Mate," was the last thing to leave my mouth before black engulfed me.

Authors note: Hey guys sorry for the short chapter but it wouldn't make sense if I had the next part in the same chapter.

Hope you guys like it!!!

Don't forget to Comment, Vote, and share!

~Kris XOX