Chapter 9: New Assistant

-Kayla's POV-

The rest of class I was really distracted.

A couple of times Mr. Highland asked Parker to hand out appears and he'd always linger his hands on me or wink at me as he handed me mine. And to make it even worst I start blushing up a storm afterwards.

God do I really want to kiss him again.

I can tell Madison is noticing this cause every time he does something like that she'd kick me or start making comments like 'your as red as a tomato.'

When the bell finally rang signaling lunch everyone basically sprung out of their seats and out the door.

Since me and Madison's lockers are basically on the other side of the school from each other I told her I'd just meet her in the cafeteria. So before I knew it I was the last student in the classroom packing up.

Even Mr. Highland whispered something to Parker and excused himself. Leaving us alone in his room.

"Well hello there beautiful." Parker whispered in my ear. I turn slightly and saw the guy that I had been dreaming of days before. But then what he said earlier hit me.

"So your not single huh?" I asked before thinking about what I said.

"Well," he says and I feel arms wrap around me waist from behind. I hold back a little gasp at the tingling sensation I feel as he touches me. "That's what I was hoping," he whispered into my ear, his lips lingering there for a second.

Without my minds permission, I relax into his arms and lean my head against his shoulder, somewhat turning my head to the side and looking at him.

"So are you asking me to be your girlfriend?" I ask a little confused and a little shocked. "I mean after one date?"

"A pretty amazing date," he said into my hair. "And yes," his arms turned my waist till I was facing him. I absentmindedly wrapped my arms around his neck.

God, what is this guy doing to me.

"I was gonna ask you but," he looks up to the ceiling and pretends to think about it. "Maybe I'll just ask you on another date tonight first?"

"That sounds perfect," I tell him with a smile.

"Perfect," he repeats and leans in for a kiss.

God it's like this guy can read my mind.

I straighten up and kiss him. I feel him smile against my lips and push me more into him.

He licks the bottom of my lip asking for entrance. I was about to accept when someone cleared their throat behind Parker.

"Well I'm just gonna say if your gonna use the line 'get a room' I consider rethinking because technically we were here first," Parker said and I looked back and saw Mr. Highland looking at us with amused expression.

"Parker she needs to get to lunch," Mr. Highland says while trying not to laugh.

"But daddy," Parker whines like a two year old.

"Don't worry Mr. Highland," I push away from Parker a little embarrassed. "I'm leaving."

"Ian," he corrected.

"Huh?" I ask him grabbing my stuff.

"Outside of the classroom you can call me Ian," he explains. "Mr. Highland makes me feel old." He pretends to shutter and I laugh.

"Okay Ian," I say emphasizing his real name. "I gotta go." I start walking to the door and turn around as I put my hand on the handle. "Bye," I wave to Parker and he grins back.

"Bye,"

___________

-Parker's POV-

"Bye," I wave back as she disappears through the door leaving me and Ian.

"Wow," Ian wolf whistles. "I never noticed but she is hot," I look over and growl at him. He laughs and puts his hands up in a surrender. "just saying bro."

"Whatever," I say and smile. Kayla technically accepted me. Even not knowing it. My inner wolf was howling to the wind in anticipation.

"She really is something though," Ian says shuffling through some papers on his desk. "Straight A's passes with flying colors. Other teachers have their eyes out for her too. Especial Mr. Winston," Ian looks up at me and I growl. Whoever this 'Mr. Winston' is, is gonna hear an earful from me. "He talks about her all the time in the staff lounge." he continues.

"Never shuts up about her, he says he thinks she's flirting back with him," he states and I feel like I'm gonna lose it. I'm gonna track down this 'Mr. Winston' and make sure his eyes are removed from his head so he can't look at my mate anymore. I start to growl and shake and Ian can tell he took it too far.

"Wow dude," suddenly Ian's by my side holding me back. "I was just kidding there's no Mr. Winston at this school," he says and I freeze. Fucking asshole brother.

"Asshole," I mutter and start to walk towards the door.

"Supposed to be funny," Ian says after me but I just flick him off and head out the door to the cafeteria. I need to see my mate more then even now.

Not that I'm complaining.