Chapter 16: Revelation

A/N: Tbh, I feel honored to know that people put this story in their reading lists.

Sean still kept in touch with Lindsay after everything. She was fun to talk to and he secretly wanted to make sure Sam didn't go after her. After talking with Mark, they contacted the police and Lindsay gave them a description of Sam. They searched the apartment that Sam and Taurtis shared again after learning that Sam was still around. They did find that it was still being occupied, but it was empty when they got there. The police told Sean and Mark that they would have someone watch the apartment to see if Sam ever came back to it. The fact that Sam had been living in the student complexes made Mark uneasy. Sure, he wasn't there now, but he was before. And Mark was oblivious the whole time.

Felix and Cry were unnerved by that, too. But they found the bright side of him living in another complex than them. Mark couldn't see that -- even though it was true. He was simply upset about the whole ordeal.

"It's just frustrating that I had no idea," Mark said as he put his head in his hand. He was having lunch with Felix and Cry outside a cute little restaurant in the town. Sean had an important lecture that he couldn't afford to miss, so he wasn't with them. It gave Mark a chance to vent about their current situation. "In the past few days that the police have been watching, Sam hasn't returned. I think he knows we found out what he looks like."

"How could he know?" Felix put down his beer bottle. "I think you're overreacting a bit, Mark. Maybe he saw the police were investigating the apartment and decided it wasn't a good idea to come back."

Mark frowned. The waitress came by to drop off their food. Mark completely ignored her lingering gaze, though he wasn't oblivious to it. Cry glanced between them. He pursed his lips, but said nothing about what he observed. "You don't understand, Felix. Sam has been following Jack around for who knows how long." Mark played with one of his fries.

"You don't think I know?" Felix hadn't eaten any of his food either. "How many times has Sam attacked Jack with Cry there?"

Cry pouted a bit. He was the only one to actually eat. He thought about bringing out his phone to speak, but reasoned that that wouldn't help much. Felix was getting mad and Mark was obviously focused on his own problems.

"This isn't about Cry, Felix."

"Damn right it isn't," Felix growled. He clenched his fists. "It's about you, right? Because all you can think about is you since this whole thing even started. It's not about you! Would you even care if this had nothing to do with you?"

Mark put down his fry and glared at Felix. "What are you talking about? I know it's not about me. I'm not fucking selfish. You know me, Felix. Don't be ridiculous."

Felix clenched his jaw. Cry put his least injured hand on Felix's arm as an attempt to say that Felix should stop now. But Felix didn't listen. "I'm kinda having a hard time believing that it's still you."

"Felix Kjellberg!"

Both Felix and Mark turned toward Cry. He looked livid. He hardly ever called Felix by his real name, let alone his full one. The two other men waited for Cry to finish typing in his rant. "You're both being childish. Just stop it, it's stupid. Felix, you need to calm down. Mark, you need to stop being so careless. You guys are acting like I'm not even here! Everyone just shut up."

Everyone at the table was silent. Cry sighed in relief and continued eating. Felix and Mark glanced at each other before deciding they should eat as well. After a few minutes of awkward silence, Felix apologized as Mark was sipping on his lemonade. "There's no need, Felix," Mark said with a smile. "I know I crossed a line."

After that they were able to have a happy conversation. Cry just listened, laughing every once in a while. The waitress returned when they were done eating. She greeted them with a broad smile and offered to take away their plates. Mark pulled out his phone as she turned another direction. He missed the smile she sent his way. He had to see if Sean was out of class already; since it was almost time.

The waitress came back with their bill. Felix grabbed it before anyone else could. Mark rolled his eyes and he noticed that the waitress lingered at the table a bit. When Mark looked at her, she spun around immediately and left. He turned to Felix and Cry when he heard them snickering. "What's so funny?"

"Oh nothing," Felix answered innocently and pretended to be interested in what was on the bill. Cry failed miserably in suppressing his grin. And Felix couldn't help but smile at that.

Mark narrowed his eyes at the two. He was missing something, wasn't he? "Alright, ya weirdos. If you're not gonna stop whatever it is you're doing I'm just gonna go and pick up Jack because I'd rather not be associated with you two."

Cry giggled. "Aw, c'mon, Mark," Felix said with a large grin as he put the bill at the edge of the table. "Don't be like that. Cry and I were just talking about your fan girl over there." He nodded his head at their waitress, who was at another table.

"What about her?" The confused look on Mark's face caused both Felix and Cry to burst into laughter. Mark sighed. "I don't get what you're trying to say."

"Just watch." Felix partially his his smile with his hand. Their waitress was coming back to get the bill and Felix wanted Mark to see what they were talking about.

The waitress thanked them as she grabbed the bill. She went to give a smile to Mark, but when she noticed he was looking at her, her smile faltered and her face flushed. She hurried away without a second glance. Mark looked at Felix and Cry. They looked very amused. "So what?" Mark leaned back in his chair. "She just smiled."

"Are you in love with someone or something?" Felix blurted out. Cry smacked him with a leftover spoon since he couldn't use his hand. "Ow! I'm sorry, but it's necessary. The Mark we know usually makes remarks at girls staring at him and jokes around with us if a girl smiles a little friendlier than she should. This Mark hasn't even acknowledged her."

At that sentence the waitress walked up to their table. She set down the holder for the receipt and Felix's card. Mark looked up at her, and this time -- instead of blushing or running away -- she winked. Mark's face twisted into disbelief. He grabbed the holder before Felix could. There was a note written on a napkin with the name of the waitress and her phone number, along with the phrase 'call me' followed by a winky face. Mark's nose scrunched up. Usually girls trying to hit on him amused him, but for some reason now he didn't find any fun in it. "I think Jack's out of class now." Mark tossed the napkin on the table and practically sprinted through the little gate to leave.

Felix tried to call him back, but it didn't work. He exchanged a confused look with Cry and grabbed the napkin Mark abandoned on the table. Upon reading the words, Felix grinned. He turned if for Cry to see. "I think we have our answer, don't we?"