Chapter 20: The Final Push

Cry noticed something off with Sean as the days progressed into weeks. Three weeks exactly -- almost a month. Sean only ever stated his problems vaguely. He said things like he was only tired or that he was stressed because of the finals coming up. But Cry knew that wasn't it. He didn't know Sean for as long as Mark, but he knew him long enough to tell that he was lying. Whenever Sean smiled, it wasn't genuine. It was never broad like it always was. Cry finally confronted Sean Saturday morning.

The two were in the apartment Cry shared with Felix. For what ever reason, Sean refused to meet in his own apartment. Only Cry's right hand was completely healed, so he used that to type his question as quickly as he could, "What's up with you, Jack? No one is here but me, so don't lie. All I want to do is help you."

Sean looked tired. It was as if he hadn't slept well in months. He turned toward Chica and stroked her fur. "It's nothing, Cry, really." He bit his lip. "I-I'm just stupid, that's all."

"I'm sure you're not being stupid," Cry frowned. It sounded like Sean was going to cry. "Honestly, what's wrong? You haven't been yourself in weeks. I'm worried about you -- Pewds is worried about you. I'm sure Mark is worried as well."

At that point Sean burst into tears. Cry was taken aback by this: he had never seen Sean cry. Sean turned to Cry and Cry couldn't help but notice how genuinely hurt Sean looked. "M-Mark doesn't fu-ucking care about m-me. We had a f-fight a couple weeks ago and we-we've hardly talked since."

Cry had several questions he wanted to ask, but he decided to ask the easiest one. "What was your fight about?" He scooted closer to Sean and rubbed his back as an attempt to comfort him.

"A-about Mr. A-Ash," Sean sobbed. "M-Mark had went o-out with him the first time he a-asked, and he ju-ust kept going until it seemed like e-every night he was out. It was such a s-sudden change. One minute h-he doesn't want me to be alone, the n-next he's out doing God-knows-what for hours. I-I confronted him about it, but it just lead to this h-huge argument. He said he really l-liked Mr. Ash -- Aaron, as he calls him -- and th-that I should just mind my own business. And that... that fucking hurt. I-I don't know why, but it hurt really f-fucking hurt."

Cry pulled Sean into a hug as he cried harder. Cry hoped Felix would get back soon. He wasn't the best at giving out advice. He looked at Chica and frowned in thought. Felix and Cry were really convinced that Mark liked Sean. It seemed like all the evidence was there. This Mr. Ash guy had no right to ask out Mark. Cry pursed his lips and brought up his phone to text Felix to hurry the hell up. "I'm sure everything will work out in the end. Trust me about this, okay? Pewds and I will help you out."

Sean spent a good portion of the day in Cry and Felix's apartment. It was the happiest he had felt in a while. The couple tried cheering him up and reassuring him that Mark would come around. Felix tried his hardest to not outright say that Sean was absolutely in love with Mark. Cry hit Felix's shoulder with his good hand when he even vaguely hinted to it.

~~~

Mark paced about the living room. It was getting dark and Sean wasn't home. He tried to convince himself that everything was fine -- that there was no reason to worry -- but he felt the need to be concerned. The door clicked then pushed open slowly. Sean entered with Chica and then shut and locked the door after. "Where were you?" Mark didn't intend to shout.

Sean jumped in surprise. "I was out." He answered nonchalantly. "Is that a problem? The last time I checked I didn't live with my mum."

Mark tried not to sound offended as he said, "Yeah, it is a problem. You were out for a long time without telling me anything. Where did you even go?"

"I was with Cry and Felix," Sean looked annoyed. "In their apartment. You seemed a little busy at the time." He tried to walk toward his room, but Mark stepped in front of him. "Do you mind?" He tried to move around.

"I do mind, actually." Mark blocked Sean's way again. He noticed Sean getting even more ticked off. "With all the things that happened, you have to tell me when you leave and where you're going."

Sean actually looked offended. "Excuse me?" His voice rose in pitch. "I'm sensing a double standard here."

"What are you talking about?"

Sean dropped his voice low to mimic Mark, "'Oh, bye; Jack, see you later.' 'Hey, Jack, I'll be back later.' 'I'm gonna leave, now, Jack.' 'Bye, Jack.'" Mark could tell Sean was beginning to get angry. "You never tell me where you're going or how long you'll be out. I used to stay up just to wait for you, but you never came home until after I was asleep. How can you expect me to do what you don't?"

Mark stared at Sean for a moment. He looked so angry. "That's not the same thing." Mark wasn't expecting Sean to act this way. He thought that maybe Sean would be understanding to the situation. "You're..." Mark trailed off.

"I'm what?"

Mark hesitated. "I-I'm not --"

"What am I, Mark?!"

"Different!" Mark screamed. "You're different, Jack! I have to worry about you because you can't see. People can take advantage of you. Someone is purposely trying to hurt you. I can do what I want, but you can't. You just can't, Jack."

Sean's face fell. He mumbled something under his breath that Mark couldn't make out. But Sean wiped his face of expressions and stated clearly, "Get out of my way, Mark. I'd like to go to my room, if that's okay with you, Mother." He tried to get passed.

Mark straightened up. "You're not going anywhere." He got in Sean's way again. "We haven't resolved this issue."

"Mark," Sean growled. "Get out of my fucking way." He tried to push pass Mark.

Mark instinctively shoved Sean back. Sean lost his balance and fell before he could grab hold of Chica. The two froze in shock. Mark stood with wide eyes; he had never done anything like that to Sean before. He wanted to say something -- apologize -- but his voice was caught in his throat. He just pushed Sean to the ground. How could he do that? Sean lifted himself up and Mark stepped away -- as if he was scared. "I think I'm gonna head to bed, now," Sean's voice came out at nearly a whisper. And Mark didn't stop him.

A/N: The only time I've ever heard Cry refer to Pewds as Felix was in that Guns of Icarus video. My little fan girl self at the time screamed on the inside from the PewDieCry. Anyway, let me know what you think!