Chapter 19

The booming music and loud crowds were enough to make me go deaf. There we were, me, Drake, Alina, Merica and Adrian, standing in a club. After the game we went to go get ready and to shop. Drake and Alina left, Merica split up so that left me and Adrian alone.

"So do you want a drink or something?" He asked rubbing his neck. I smiled and nodded. He grabbed my hand, I ignored the Sparks, and dragged me towards the bar. "Hi can I get two beers please." Adrian asked the man. Smiling as Adrian slipped him a ten he went to start working on our drinks. "Hey so listen. I, um, uh was uh, wondering if um maybe you'd like to go on a date with me tomorrow?" He questioned hesitantly staring into the brown of my eyes. A date. I can't risk being hurt again. But he makes me feel all magical. But ones there was a time he made me feel pain. "I'm sorry. I can't do this now." I dashed out, the look of pain on his face was the only thing running through my mind.

Stumbling I was able to hail a cab over and hopped in. "109 Ave - 3457." I directed and slipped further into the seat.

The car came to a stop and I got out, smiling and paying the man. He gave me a concerned look but left anyways. I pulled myself up the apartment stairs and then into my apartment. Entering the living room I dropped to the couch and cried. Cried for all the hurt Adrain has inflicted upon me, cried for the stupid feelings I have for him and cried because life was getting to hard.

The sound of the front door closing brought my head up out of the pillows. Merica. "Hi. How are you feeling." I glared at her and she corrected herself. "Right. Of course she's feeling shitty." I smiled and she looked happy. "How did you know I was here?" I asked. "Adrian." The one words put me into tears again. "Hey babe calm down. Listen to what I have to say and if you think it's bullshit I'll leave." I nodded and she continued. "It's not that hard to figure out that you and Adrian like each other. I think you'd make a cute couple, but you probably think otherwise. I know he broke your heart but in a way your breaking your and his right now. He was deviated at the bar, he actually cried. I haven't seen that boy with a girl in months. Months! And it's all for you. I know you like him, and I know it hurts. But if you keep rejecting him you'll eventually drown in your sorrows. So you have two options. Either let our past determine your future, or let your heart decide." I look at her in amazement, holy crap. "I think I've made a decision. Thanks." She hugged me and whispered "What are sisters for." I smiled as she left and sat down.

Adrian. I do have feelings for him and I do want to be with him. I'll have to try and figure out how to accept this date idea. Call him! My brain lightbulb said. Picking up my phone I dialled the next ten digits that will either make or break me. After the second ring he picked up.

"Hello." He answered hoarsely.
"Hey it's me, mace."
"Oh! Um hi."
"Hey I just wanted to say that I'm a total idiot and that you can pick me up tomorrow at 6."
"Okay great see you then, babe."

The line went dead and so did my body. Babe. Oh god if only he knew the affect he had on me. If only he knew.