4 - Hopeless

(MONTHS LATER)

Asriel had decided. He created a large barrier to seal the underground from ever escaping. He isolated himself with and from the others.

But...

Asriel wasn't happy at all. He thought he was. Killing those three monsters, he was happy about. But not doing anything...

Being alone....

It's tiring. There's no fun in it. It makes him mad. What did he actually want? Why was he like this? He killed his own father to be king... And yet he didn't get the happiness he wished to have.

He felt empty.

He felt soulless.

And he didn't know why.

It's been a few months since he was crowned king, and the Underground was quickly going empty. Everytime he got bored, he ordered for three monsters from each land and then brutally murder them, despite them not doing any crime.

That was the only thing he took glee out of.

The monsters couldn't do anything, even the most powerful ones. Even Undyne was struggling from recieving the harsh orders of the king. She didn't want to kill anyone. God, how she didn't.

But she had to. Or the tables will turn in the blink of an eye.

Everyone became cold, lost, and distant. Some monsters couldn't take it, and just committed suicide. Their ashes were left in their homes, since nobody was allowed to enter homes that weren't theirs. Cellphones were banned too.

But then the houses grew more quiet, and by the small particles of ashes escaping the doors, the monsters finally got the hint.

They grieved. They were grieving everyday, always afraid to wake up in fear of being the King's next toy for 'amusement.'

There was nothing they could do except endure it.

Forever, that is.

They were praying. It didn't matter to who, they were just praying. Praying for a miracle. Praying for an angel to come save them of their despair. They had already lost their loved ones. They had lost the happy part of them that they always kept.

They lost everything.

And even if they had extreme hatred towards the king, even if they wanted to kill him, they knew they couldn't.

He could turn the whole Underground into dust in a blow of his attacks.

They were hopeless. They were starting to give up.

A/N:

Guys, this was an extremely short chapter, sorry about that. It's.... Kind of... Empty, huh? Like there's something missing... But I don't know what it is.

Someone help.

Oh, and we're meeting Frisk in the next chapter.