5 - Hurt

Warning: If you are easily offended or sensitive to subjects as; Self Harm and Suicide, please do not read this chapter. Thank you.

A thud echoed beyond the dark cavern of the ruins. It came from the brightest spot of the place.

Laying on the patch of golden flowers was a human, struggling to sit up. Dust was surrounding her body, from the flowers probably. She had short brown hair, and was wearing a striped sweatshirt.

She dusted herself off, her back and legs aching. The golden flowers that she landed on weren't that nourished, and were slightly wilting, so it didn't break her fall that much.

She decided to cry for help.

*But nobody came.

She got up and dried her tears. She slowly limped towards the door, trying not to feel the agonizing pain in her leg.

When she reached the door, nobody was inside. There was a patch of grass, but nothing was really growing on it. It looked dark and abandoned.

Suddenly, somebody entered the room. The girl squinted her eyes, trying to see better. The person/monster stepped in the light, and it revealed a goat lady, wearing a long robe with a delta rune symbol on it. She was wearing a terrified expression on her face.

Frisk slowly took a step backwards.

"Ch-child... Why did you come here...?" She asked.

Frisk opened her mouth to speak. "I-I... I didn't mean to! I j-just fell down..." She stuttered weakly, clutching her injured arm.

Toriel tried to ignore the horror and replaced it with concern. "Are you hurt?"

Frisk nodded weakly. Her eyes started to close, but before she could fall to the ground, Toriel catched her. "Come, let me take you to my home." She said before helping her stand.

Frisk clutched Toriel's arm and started to walk weakly to the exit. Toriel's fur started to comfort Frisk slightly. A motherly smell came from her, and she hugged Toriel tighter.

"My name is Toriel. This place is called the ruins. What is your name, may I ask?" Toriel said.

"F-Frisk..." Frisk replied.

****

Toriel laid Frisk on the bed gently. Almost immediately, Frisk passed out, exhausted.

When Toriel saw her sleeping face, a feeling of dread started to grow in the pit of her stomach. Tears were brimming in the corner of her eyes. Suddenly, the familiar feeling of heartbreak returned.

Again and again. Humans fell, she took care of them, and Asriel would kill them. She closed her eyes. Arrows and daggers shot at her heart.

She was not prepared to lose another child. She couldn't take it any longer.

She slowly put the covers on Frisk, and walked to the door. She glanced at her one last time, before shutting the door quietly.

Toriel started to make her way to the bathroom dreadfully. She slowly entered and placed her paws on both sides of the sink. She looked at her reflection in the mirror.

Her eyes looked red and defeated, her fur was messed up. Her blood boiled. She harshly threw open the cabinet and took out her blade.

WARNING. SENSITIVE CONTENT AHEAD.

PROCEED?

  [ ] YES ❤️ [ ] NO

IF CHOSEN NO, PLEASE:

[❤️] EXIT

IF CHOSEN YES, PLEASE:

[❤️] CONTINUE

She looked at the glinting blade hesitantly. Tears pricked her eyes as she pressed the blade to her fur, cutting long sharp lines. Blood seeped out from her arms, and white fur dropped the the ground.

Toriel cried in agony, but covered her mouth so she would not wake the human. There she sat, clutching the blade in her paws and crying silently. Blood spilled on the floor.

TORIEL: HP: 35/80