7 - Empty

Frisk stood up, her whole body trembling. She looked back hesitantly at the hallway. She shut her eyes and shook her head.

Frisk's hand made it's way to the door handle. She tried to push it, and to her relief and surprise, the door creaked open, cold wind rushing in.

Frisk flinched. She wasn't used to the cold.

She opened the door and stepped outside, her feet crunching beneath the snow. She sighed. This was where her adventure truly begins.

She closed the door behind her and started to walk towards the forest.

It was eerily silent. Nobody greeted her. Nobody was there to treat her wounds.

"Uh... Hello..?" She called out.

*But nobody came.

She scrunched up her brows in fear and confusion, but continued walking.

The wind howled, creating an eery atmosphere. She walked towards the town.

It was empty.

Nobody was in the shops. She tried entering a bar called 'Grillbys'.

The tables and the furniture were covered with an inch thick of dust. Frisk coughed, waving her hands in the air.

She frowned when she saw that the place was truly empty and dark.

She went back outside.

Uneasiness started to grow inside her. Suddenly, a noise was heard from the forest. Her eyes widened when she saw two armored monsters roaming the place.

She quickly ran behind a tree and hid. The sentries continued walking forwards, their heads held down in sorrow. Frisk breathed a sigh of relief.

Until from behind her, a sentry growled.

Frisk turned around in shock. She fell to the ground in surprise and hid her face from the sentry.

"P-please don't kill me..." She pleaded softly. The sentry pointed his spear closer to Frisk's chest. Frisk backed away, afraid.

But then the sentry stopped. He dropped his spear, his shoulders shaking as he breathed heavily.

Frisk couldn't see his face. Frisk couldn't tell what he felt.

But when the sentry brought his hand to her shoulder and nodded...

Frisk was filled with DETERMINATION.

Even though the sentry had a helmet on, Frisk could tell that he was staring directly in her eyes.

Into her soul.

He was silently telling her...

'Please save us. Please help us. You are our only hope.'

The sentry stood straight up, and picked up his spear as he walked away to the others. He pretended that he didn't even see Frisk as they walked away.

Frisk sat there, shocked.

Was this world THAT cruel...

That nearly everyone was emotionally destroyed...?

She shook her head. She was going to fimd out either way.