44 - Fix

At instinct, Frisk wrapped her arms around the servant, a feeling of sympathy flooding her body. "I-It's alright... you don't have to thank me." She said in a soft voice.

Shyren pulled away, a smile plastered on her face. "It's been a long time since the Underground has had this much hope... we have every right to thank you, Frisk. We're putting our faith into you. Please.... just please... try not... t-try not to destroy that hope... I don't think the people of the Underground would take it." She said, looking down at the stone floor.

"I understand. You guys have been tortured for so long... and... it still feels so surreal that I'm staying in the same place with a person who... who's killed more than I can count." Frisk grits her teeth, as her hands form to fists.

"I-I just can't believe that... a person could do something like that. How... how has he not losen his sanity yet? How is he still standing...? After what he's done... it's hard for me to think of him less than a murderer. I mean, I know it has a good reason... having him lose his only sister, but-"

She stopped. She thought, Asriel had lost his best friend. The one person he considered that he could trust the most.

And she was a human.

A species that monster kind has yet to know about. He didn't know if she was who she really was. He didn't know if she would kill him in his sleep. She didn't know if she was just pretending or not.

But yet, he still trusted her, and treated her like a sister.

But then... she left him. She left him, for a foolish plan that involved going into the surface. She left him alone, weak, vulnerable.

Vulrenable enough to let his mind take over, and build walls around his heart.

It was then where Asriel realized that their entire plan was stupid. His sister's life wasn't worth it.

That's when it clicked.

Asriel lost the final piece of kindness and goodness that he had. Watching his sister suffer a cruel, painful death just for the sake of a plan was too much.

He didn't hesitate. He abandoned the plan altogether.

Asriel had lost his sanity.

He lost it a long time ago.

On the dreaded day that he lost the only thing that helped him tighten his grip in sanity....

He might still be breathing.

But that was the day he died.

"Frisk." Shyren says. Frisk looks up, her large hazel staring at the monster. Shyren almost pointed out how innocent of a face she had, and that she doesn't deserve to possibly die in Asriel's cold and unforgiving arms, but decided against it.

"Asriel... does not have a heart. He doesn't have emotions. He is going to be merciless. He won't... he won't let you live, Frisk. Please, trust me when I say that I've seen previous humans before you that were even more determined to change his mind. Though not one has reached his kingdom, or has even met him, each human was fighting for their lives and freedom. They didn't care about us, or the king. They just wanted to get out, and never ever return. They were selfish. But King Asriel killed th in cold blood before they could even feel the smallest amount of sunlight on their skin." Shyren says, her voice cracking and her eyes brimming up.

"I'm not... I don't want to see another human DIE, alright? You're the only one who has made it this far... please, Frisk. He will kill you. He doesn--"

"No." Frisk interuppted. She was surprised at her own self. Why was she defending him?

"No. Asriel is just lost. He's confused,why had his sister left him? Why would she destroy the bond that kept him and his sanity together? It eventually drove him to madness-- to killing. Bu tI believe he isn't a cold heartless being that only kills. He has feelings as well. I've seen another side of him, a more sorrowful and emotional side. I'm determined to fix him. I'm determined to mend the scars that his sister had left him." She looked at Shyren fiercly, an incredible amount of sheer determination clouding her eyes.

"But most importantly. I'm never going to abandon him."

A/N:

Welp! I promised that I would do a face reveal at 8K, and I'm very thankful that we reached that amount! Each and every single one of you means so much to me. Thank you for 8K!

Here is my awkward face:

Excuse my potato self please :3 Did I spend twenty minutes trying to choose the most acceptable pictures? You betcha! Lolol Seeya guys on the next chapter! <3

~Brozi out