19 - Safe

Frisk slung on her backpack on her shoulder. Alphys had already packed her some supplies, so she would be safe. She didn't know if she was ready. Her heart was pounding.

Was this even a good idea? What would she see when they get there? Would she even be able to tolerate it?

Was her determination enough?

She sighed. She walked over to Alphys. "Alphys... I'm really really sorry about Undyne." She muttered.

Alohys looked down. "It's not your fault." She looked up again, but with hate in her eyes.

"But if she dies, it will be your fault." She snapped.

Frisk flinched. She hung her head low.

Alphys sighed. She put her hand on Frisk's shoulder. "Kid... I... I can't guarantee you that you'll be a hundred percent safe. I don't want to give you high hopes. Just... Brace yourself for what you're gonna see." She said.

Mettaton came walking inside. He was wearing tougher armor, and he looked at Frisk with concern. He shook his head, and he beamed. "So! Are we ready to go?" He asked in a cheerful tone, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

Alphys gave him a weak smile. "Y-Yeah. I already programmed the castle navigations on your system, Mett." She walked forward to him and whispered.

"Protect the kid. But if she tries anything stupid..." Alphys took a deep breath. "Kill her."

Mattaon gulped but nodded.

Alphys walked away from the both of them and pressed a button from a remote. A metal back door opened in front of them.

Alphys closed her eyes. "Hey... Uh, Frisk?" She called. Frisk turned around. "Stay safe."

Frisk gave her a smile. She nodded.

You are filled with determination.