Ch.13: Naruto and Inari's Reconciliation

A/N: Yo People!

Please remember to VOTE< FOLLOW< AND COMMENT

Thanks!

~Chu

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tsubame’s POV

It was morning already and Naruto was still in bed since he overworked himself last night. I volunteered to watch over him in case something happens; Kakashi placed his hand on my head and started patting it. I sighed and picked his hand off my head and held it tight between my two hands.

“What are you -” Kakashi started saying but cut himself off to observe what I was doing to his hand. I turned it over so that I could see his palm and wrote an imaginary kanji for the word ‘protection’ using my finger and then closed it into a fist. I then breathed on his closed hand, giving him my protection.

“What did you do Tsubame?” Kakashi asked curious. I patted his hand before letting it go and gave him a smile. “Just a little charm Kakashi-kun,” I said. “Nothing to worry about, you should go now though.” He stared at me for a moment and then gave me his famous closed one-eyed smile.

“We’ll see you later then,” he said before they set out.

~*~*~Timeskip~*~*~

“AHHHH!!! I OVERSLEPT!!!”

Naruto suddenly opened the door where Inari was helping Tsunami with knitting a cloth. “Hey! Hey! Where’s every -” Naruto asked but I cut him off, “Naruto, Kakashi-kun and the others left already but I didn’t want you to be alone so I volunteered to stay behind.”

Naruto stared at me and then thanked me for waiting for him and then he went back upstairs to change. I waited and then something moved so fast while saying, “I’M OFF!!!” which startled us. Damn! That Kyuubi kid is crazy fast when he wants to be! I thought.

Tsunami was finished knitting and went into the kitchen while Inari went off to another room. I suddenly sensed two unfamiliar chakra signatures coming nearer to the house. “Inari!! Help me with the dishes!!” Tsunami called out.

“Okaay!! But I’m in the bathroom now!!” Inari shouted back.

They were coming closer now so I appeared behind Tsunami and covered her mouth to prevent her from screaming. I shushed, she nodded understanding what I was doing. I let her go and went back downstairs to find two thugs staring at me cockily.

I pretended to look afraid and fell to the floor. “W-what a-are you d-doing h-here?” I asked shakily. The one wearing a hat grinned and asked, “Hey kid, where is Tazuna’s daughter? If you tell us, we’ll let you live.”  

“Tsubame-san!” A child’s voice called out.

I looked at the source of the voice and found Inari hiding behind the door. Dammit! How on earth could I have forgotten Inari? I need to protect him! I thought and before they could even hurt him, I called back their attention.

“Don’t you even dare hurt him! I hid Tazuna’s daughter and you’ll never find her unless you can get the answer from me. Besides, if you touch the kid, you will regret it deeply and never get that hostage you need.” I told them.

They both grinned at me and the one with the hat said, “Alright, we won’t touch the kid. Now, tell us where Tazuna’s daughter is!”

I quickly mouthed to Inari ‘go’ and he ran.

I smirked. “What a joke you guys are. I can’t believe you’re stupid enough to believe me that I would actually tell you where she can be found. What’s even more, you let go of a potential hostage that can be used against me and Tazuna.” I said in an amused tone.

The one with the hat kicked me in the gut and the other thug appeared behind me and tied me up. The thug that tied me up carried me on his shoulder and I pretended to slump on his shoulder. They started walking out and were soon in front of the house.

I suddenly sensed Inari and he yelled at them to let me go as he started running towards us. The thug carrying me dropped me to the ground as he got ready to slash Inari together with the hat-wearing man. They both did slash Inari but a Kawarimi no jutsu (A/N: Substitution Jutsu) was used and Inari remained unharmed.

He was saved by an orange blob appeared whom I recognized as Naruto. “Sorry for being late,” Naruto said. “But a hero usually arrived at the last second…”

“Great job Inari!” Naruto praised the little kid. I grinned at his good timing and transformed my human nails into claws and slashed through my bindings. Naruto noticed me free and smiled at me.

I winked back in return and moved very fast to appear behind the two thugs. I placed both of my hands on both at the back of their heads and said, “Genjutsu Shibari!” (A/N: Illusion Technique Binding)

The two thugs became incapable of moving and I shouted to Naruto, “Now!” Naruto summoned two shadow clones and made them kick the two thugs on the head and the two men both fell to the ground unconscious.

I summoned a rope and Naruto helped me in tying them up. I dragged the two unconscious men to the side while listening to Naruto’s conversation with Inari.

“How did you know those two samurai were coming here?” Inari asked.

“There was a cut up boar in the forest,” Naruto answered. “There was also a bunch of trees and stuff with sword marks on them. They seemed to be heading towards your house, so I got worried.”   

 “Instead of that…” Naruto began. “Inari…sorry about yesterday…”

“Huh?” Inari questioned. Naruto began to chuckle and said, “Sorry for calling you a sissy…forget it.” He placed his hand on top of Inari’s head. “You’re strong!!” Naruto praised him and Inari blushed but soon began to cry.

“Damn it. I decided I wasn’t going to cry anymore…you’re going to make fun of me and call me a crybaby.” Inari said as he cried. “What are you talking about?” Naruto asked.

“Huh?” Inari stopped crying now.

“It’s alright to cry when you’re happy!!” Naruto said with a big smile on his face.

I decided that it was time to interrupt their reconciling moment and spoke up, “Inari, we can count on you here, right?”

“Yup…” he said as he was wiping his face. “Man, it sure is tough being a hero!!” Naruto said as we began to run. “It sure is!!” Inari said back. 

Naruto and I were jumping on trees now and he asked, “Hey Tsubame-chan, what was that technique you used back there to stop the thugs?”

“Genjutsu Shibari…a jutsu used to bind more than one opponents at the same time and used with combination of an ally delivering a fatal blow to the opponents rendered unable to move.” I said to him but he looked puzzled unable to comprehend what I said.

Sigh, Naruto should really start reading more books so that he can understand what I’m saying. I thought as I told Naruto the simplest term I could tell him.

“Wow! That’s a cool jutsu then,” Naruto said.

I know it is but we must hurry to Kakashi and the others…I feel like something bad is going to happen …I hope not…despite the inevitability…