Ch.30: The Main Battle Commences

Tsubame's POV

As the nine of us arrived in the stadium though two of us were missing, it seemed that something had happened to the Dosu guy while Sasuke was still quite busy training, with Kakashi I had presumed. I subtely looked to my side and observed my would-be-opponent.

Her name was Shimizu Maaya I recalled. She had long silver hair that was tied with a purple ribbon. She had purple eyes eyes and was also wearing a purple kimono. Her weapon was an axe that had a bell tied to it. My eyes narrowed when I noticed her having an oni mask tied around her waist.

An oni, eh? I thought and then returned my attention to the one speaking in front of us.

The first fight was between Uzumaki Naruto and Hyuuga Neji. I observed their fight and had a feeling that my teammate would win. Naruto was someone who would fight until the end even despite knowing his weaknesses and lack of higher knowledge. He was also the type to overcome everything with sheer willpower and that was something I admired about him.

"Hayashi Tsubame and Shimizu Maaya! Please come down!" The proctor called for both of us. We had a quick stare-down at each other before jumping down to the arena.

"Let the match..." The proctor's arm was raised up before he brought it down. "...BEGIN!!!"

Maaya quickly dropped several smoke bombs to the ground and I was quickly surrounded. I heard the sound of many clones being made and had my hand ready to draw out my katana.

Whish

Objects from all directions came towards me. I recognized all of them as the same axe she was carrying earlier. "Tch," I muttered and dodged almost all of them except one that managed to graze my arm.

I summoned chakra and made two shadow clones, they both did a dog sign. "Uramiame!" Clouds were formed and it began to rain but only within the arena. The smoke cleared and I didn't see Maaya anymore. I suddenly felt a presence behind me and managed to turn around and block the axe with my katana.

She had an annoyed look on her face and looked at my two clones. "Damn you!" She told me and jumped back. She quickly did some handsigns and then shouted, "Raiton: Jibashi!" A wave of electricity came from her hands and was coming towards me at shocking speed. I noticed that rain had started to increase the water gathering on the ground and it gave me an idea for defense.

I jumped back some more and created mutiple waves around me and then crouched down while holding my katana vertically. The rainwater that became multiple waves became my method for defense. "Shigure Soen Ryu, The Second Defensive Form: Sakamaku Ame."

The waves protected me from the lightning that was aimed at me and headed to different directions. She cursed and then did another set of handsigns. "Raijū Hashiri no Jutsu!" She said and then lightning expanded from her hand, becoming the shape of a hound.

It started chasing me as I jumped from one area to another, dodging it. I headed towards Maaya who just gave me a grin. "That won't work Hayashi Tsubame - no, I mean't...fox demon." She said and readied her axe. I jumped higher and threw a barrage of kunai at her which gave her many wounds.

I landed on the ground behind her and she had a sadistic smile on her. "I'm going to kill you~" She said in a sing-song voice.

I sighed and took out my fan. It was in the shape of a leaf with the handle shaped in a circular form. The design on the fan symbolized the Tengu Clan. This fan was lent to me by Watanuki whom I asked the day before. This fan was given in exchange for something that the Tengu deeply desired.

I released my rain jutsu. I then returned my sword to its sheath before preparing the fan and whipped the fan in a downward motion. It created gusts of wind thus disabling her technique.

She yelled in annoyance and I noticed her breathing heavily. "Gofuu Juuu," I muttered under my breath. My breathing became in sync with hers.

Maaya ran towards me with her axe and looked extremely angry. She placed on her oni mask and transformed into her Yokai form. "This is no longer a fight between ninjas demon fox! Fight me in your true form!" She shouted.

"She's lost control..." I muttered. "A Yokai must not reveal its form in front of humans, especially in a crowd of ninjas, such as this."

I did a wide-range Genjutsu, instantly capturing everyone in it, even the most powerful ninjas would not be able to escape from it. They would be seeing a different fight but the result would be the same...

Shimizu Maaya shall be defeated.

At that same moment, I dropped my human form and my black hair turned into snow white color. My black eyes turned into a bloody red and I had a more matured body. My ears and my tails also appeared.

I let out my Fear that was laced with my killing intent, Maaya faltered in her steps. I slowly moved forward as she backed away in fear. She tripped on a rock, landing on the ground with her butt. "No..." She said with fear evident on her face. "NO!!!"

Four of my tails expanded and wrapped around her body. I moved closer and gripped her chin. "Ara? What happened to that bravery you had earlier? Was it all a joke?" I asked with a sweet yet threatening tone. "Not that it matters, you will simply be lost in limbo, never to return.

She fainted right there and now and I grinned. I dropped her down on the ground. "Pathetic," I said. "At least I didn't kill you, be grateful that I have spared your life."

I changed back into my human form and then released the Genjutsu. "The winner is Hayashi Tsubame!" The proctor  announced and then everyone in the crowd was cheering, especially my two teammates.

I jumped back up and Naruto congratulated me. "Awesome match Tsubame-chan!" He said and I gave him a smile.

I watched as Maaya was sent to the hospital and didn't dare to linger my gaze on her any longer. Next up was Kankuro VS. Aburame Shino however, Kankuro forfeited. The match ended up with Temari VS. Shikamaru and much to everyone's doubt, won.

Naruto decided to give Shikamaru a piece of his own mind but he simply brushed it off. Suddenly, leaves gathered withing the arena and as it dispersed, two familiar figures appeared. It was none other than...

Kakashi and Sasuke...

I smiled. They made it!