Ch.32: Uchiha Itachi

~Two Days After the Battle~

Tsubame's POV
It was raining that day, under the eyes of the previous Hokages. Many ninjas dressed in black, the color for the dead. Many had died during the battle but one death mattered the most, it was the death of the Third Hokage, Sarutobi Hiruzen who had fought against his former student, Orochimaru.

Right now, a funeral was being held for him. A lot were grieving and mourning internally, this was very rough mostly for those who knew him very well. Konohamaru was crying while being comforted by Iruka, Naruto briefly stared at the little boy with sad eyes.

I was wearing a pure black kimono, kneeling down with my head held down. I separated once again from my body, becoming a spirit-like existence. I leapt up, staying in the air. I saw Kakashi with Kurenai who was holding a bouquet of flowers and then placing on Hayate's grave. Jiraiya was also watching them with reminiscent look on his face.

Soon the two appeared within the crowd. I closed my eyes and drew my katana out. The Hokage appeared together with Hayate. I gave them a sad smile. They suddenly turned into two small wisps of light and I pointed my katana towards the sky, a ripple being created and they soon disappeared.

"May you rest in peace..." I said before returning to my body.

I stood up from my kneeling position. Soon everyone began to disperse and I went towards my group.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I was running through the crowd, dodging the village folk while being swift at the same time. I was heading towards a dango shop right now, where a certain silver haired ninja was currently waiting. I stopped at a certain distance, this time I was on the roof. I watched as Asuma and Kurenai stopped by to talk to him, immediately denying that they were on a date.

They asked what Kakashi was doing and he said that he was waiting for Sasuke. I noticed two ninjas inside, they were wearing a black coat with red clouds on it. My eyes narrowed. That design...

I moved closer, hiding my chakra signature and simply observed on the roof. Sasuke appeared and was a bit surprised to see Kakashi appearing at the destined area earlier. All of a sudden, those two ninjas body flickered away as Sasuke looked at that table.

Kakashi's eyes narrowed in alert. Asuma and Kurenai immediately body flickered after them. After a while, Kakashi quickly excused himself from Sasuke and body flickered to where those two where, I did the same but kept a safe distance away from them.

I recognized them at once, Uchiha Itachi and Hoshigaki Kisame. Both S-Rank ninjas who defected from their villages. Kakashi was faring well with Itachi's attacks, even if they weren't full power yet until Itachi showed his Mangyeko Sharingan. Kakashi immediately ordered his fellow Jonin to close their eyes.

The silver haired Jonin closed his other eye, and left open the eye with the Sharingan. Soon, Tsukiyomi, as Itachi said, was used. Kakashi fell down, close to fainting. Kisame was surprised that he was still conscious but warned Itachi how dangerous it was for the user himself.

"Are...are you looking for...Sasuke?" Kakashi panted out.

"No..." Itachi replied. "We're looking for the Fourth Hokage's Legacy..."

"You're target is...the Kyubi inside of Naruto, isn't it?" Kakashi said, surprising both Asuma and Kurenai. "You have begun to move, you think we don't know?"

"Kisame...! Take Kakashi out. It's time for these people to disappear." Itachi ordered and Kisame immediately went towards him with his huge sword ready to strike.

A man wearing green appeared and kicked Kisame away from the Jonin trio. At the same time, I dropped my human form and body flickered behind the two enemies with my katana drawn. Kisame blocked it with his own sword and Itachi moved farther from us. My kitsune mask was in place, covering my face. My identity would be kept a secret for now.

"Who the hell are these two?!" Kisame said.

"The Leaf's Prideful Green Beast...Maito Gai!" Gai introduced himself with enthusiasm.

"How about the one with the kitsune mask?" Kisame asked. "Who's she?"

"Unfortunately, I do not know." Gai replied. "How about we ask her?'

I did not give them time to question me. As soon as I saw Kakashi collapse on the water, I pushed Kisame with a blast of sakura petals and went to Kakashi's side. He was beginning to sink into the water due to his chakra levels being drained from fighting Itachi. I pulled him up and placed him onto my body. His wet body started to drench my kimono.

He had fainted and was injured, that was all that took me to become angry. I bit my thumb and slammed it on the water. "Summoning Jutsu!" Two clouds of smoke appeared. The smoke dispersed to reveal two kitsunes, one very huge and the other one quite small.

The huge one had black fur with white designs on its legs while the smaller one was golden in color wearing circular glasses. "Tono, take Kakashi and bring him to the hospital." The black nodded as I placed the drenched man on his back. "Akashi, heal him on the way." The golden fox nodded and jumped on Kakashi's body, beginning to glow green, chakra clearly visible.

"Now go..."

They went away in a flash.

Third POV
Tsubame was oblivious to the looks she was getting from the ninjas. She was simply furious, her anger radiating danger to both groups. Her bangs covered her bloody red eyes. Her voice became deep and dangerous.

"For making Kakashi-sama suffer...you shall suffer as well Uchiha Itachi..." She spoke. Itachi and Kisame tensed with her words. All her nine tails grew in size and were headed towards the two.

"Die..."