Ch.16: Festival Preparations

Tsubame’s POV

It was morning already and I, who suffers from insomnia, simply got out of bed and did my usual morning routine which includes scaring the crap out of Kakashi and making him breakfast.

As we were eating together in his dining table, Kakashi, who was now comfortable with removing his mask in front of me, asked me a question.

“Tsubame, could you please enlighten me why you knocked us out during the fight but left Naruto conscious?”

“Oh…you see Kakashi-kun…I…um…actually didn’t want you to know about my abilities as a samurai but it was kind of obvious already when Zabuza first attacked us,” I said sheepishly.

“…I guess that’s an acceptable answer for now…” Kakashi said and finished eating. I cleared out the dishes and began washing it.

After washing the dishes, we left his apartment room and walked around town a bit. “Say Kakashi-kun, are you always late because you spend your time looking at the graves of your former teammates?” I asked.

He didn’t speak for a moment before answering me, “Yes, but how did you know that?”

“It’s a secret! I’m heading towards the forest now since I doubt you’ll actually arrive on time and it will be around three hours before meeting us. See ya!” I said as I jumped from building to building headed towards the forest.

“Hmm…what should I prepare for Lord Kirin’s arrival?” I muttered as soon as I arrived in the forest. I thought after a few minutes and came up with an idea. “Ah! I know!” I said and then I took out the mirror I asked from Kimihiro-san before, from the sleeve of my kimono.

It was a beautiful kind of mirror; it was silver in color and had intricate designs of the five elements. The special thing about the mirror was that it allowed me to summon my Hyakki Yako since I didn’t have the ability to summon them all at the same time.

My ability was limited and I could only summon them one at a time and return them again one at a time also. I bit my finger which drew blood and dropped to it to the mirror. The mirror soon began to glow and all of my demons were summoned.

My demons smiled at me and started tackling me in joy. “Hime-sama! We missed you!” They cried.  I chuckled and patted some of their heads in comfort and they soon got off me.

“Hime-sama! Did you need something? Is that why you have also summoned us?” A voice from below was heard. I looked down and saw Nattō Kozō. [1]

“Oh my, it seemed that I have unintentionally summoned you Nattō Kozō but I’ll need all the help I can get though,” I winked and picked him up. “Did I summon any other yokai from Rikuo’s clan?” I asked.

“Hai, Hime-sama! They are right behind you at the moment but what would be so important that you would have to summon your whole Hyakki Yako?” He asked.

I giggled and set him down. “You see, Kirin-sama shall be visiting soon on the new moon and I decided that a festival shall be held to make him will welcome.” I answered.