Ch.44: Three More Others

A/N: Hi everyone! It's been too long, hasn't it? Well, I'm sorry for taking so long to update. It's because I haven't gotten any new inspirations yet until now. You might think it's irresponsible for me for taking so long to update but I have a life too, you know? Anyway, I hope you like this next update...

~Chu

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Third POV

There was a solemn tension in the air inside the den. Kakashi discreetly looked around but you couldn't really do that inside a place where youkai lived in. They had more superior senses compared to humans, after all. Naoki chuckled quietly under his breath and covered his mouth with his sleeve when the shinobi looked at him.

"Anyway, welcome to our den." Naoki spoke up in a cheery tone. Kakashi nodded in response. "I shall lead you to our meeting room, it's just up ahead."

As they passed through the wooden hallway, Kakashi could feel eyes watching him. They weren't exactly subtle when they watched him. He could hear some of their words though it was kind of broken.

"Isn't that...?"

"Yes, that is...yuki-sama's...ter..."

"He...of dull...think?"

"Shush! He's looking! He's looking!"

"Argh! Whatever!"

"Naoki-sama...?" Kakashi softly called out to his guide. The Woodseer village leader stopped and turned his head. "Yes, Kakashi-sama?" He asked politely. The shinobi felt kind of uncomfortable with the honorific that had been given with him and tried to change the youkai's mind however, he was buffeted by Naoki's response and thus was unable to change how he called him.

"Those youkai..."

"Ah, don't mind them. They're simply curious. Actually, most of our meetings aren't much of a secret anyway so it's okay." Naoki answered his unfinished question.

"But what if one of them was actually a spy?" He asked.

"Oh, we simply catch them before they live the village's boundaries and then roast them and then eat them."

"Naoki-sama, you're quite scary." Kakashi said with a sweatdrop.

"Ah, that was a joke." He suddenly stopped walking. "We're here, Kakashi-sama." He said and then pushed the door open.

Inside, the meeting room was quite big compared to the other rooms they had passed by. In the middle was a huge circular wooden table carved with the most intricate designs. There was a total of six chairs, each with their own designs.