Ch.34: Doubts

Tsubame's POV

We were currently travelling to seek information about Tsunade. Naruto suddenly stopped so Jiraiya asked what was wrong and he began to question why Itachi and Kisame were after him. Jiraiya spoke saying that what they were after was not him but what was in him.

"The Kyuubi is indeed a monster that has been appearing age after age...a monstrous demon hell-bent on destruction." He said. "It was one of the disasters the people of the old would fear...As for why those guys would want their hands on the nine-tails...to be honest, I don't really know!"

Naruto remained silent.

"But since you have the nine-tails sealed within you," he said. "I suppose they're trying to find a way to harness and  control its powers. Those guys will keep on trying to get to you, it's a destiny you'll have to face up to...but when that happens, I'll be there to protect you so don't - "

"And that is exactly why..." Naruto interjected. "I have to become stronger ...!"

I smiled, thinking of Naruto's determination, He is truly a good kid, I thought.

"Okay...!! Let's hurry up and find this Tsunade person! She'll fix Sasuke, and then we can finally start training!" Naruto exclaimed. He suddenly had his thinking face on and questioned Jiraiya how old Tsunade was and the old man replied that she was also his age.

I soon lost interest in hearing more since I already knew what Jiraiya was telling Naruto about Tsunade. I only tuned back in when Jiraiya said that we had to gather information about Tsunade and her whereabouts.

We soon arrived in a town where a festival was currently being held. Jiraiya said that this was gonna be a break before training started for Naruto. The blonde haired boy excitedly brought out his frog wallet and the old pervert exchanged Naruto's wallet for a certain amount of money.

Naruto pouted and had no choice but to accept it. We soon separated and began looking around for stuff that we wanted to buy. We played some games and bought some food. We passed by a mask stand, I opted to buy it these time. I chose a fox mask while Naruto chose another kind of mak.

He began to fall so I grabbed him from behind and accidentally took out Jiraiya's bank book. We took a peek and saw that he actually had a lot of money. Naruto decided to use the remaining amount of his money to buy something for the old pervert.

After walking a little while, we passed by a bar and heard Jiraiya's voice so we went inside to see him doing the three shinobi sins. I sighed and mentally face palmed. My eye twitched in annoyance.  Naruto got angry and one of the squid sticks he was holding slipped from his grasp onto a man's coat.

The man got angry and demanded payment. The old pervert intervened showing Naruto the jutsu he would be learning. Jiraiya gathered wind and compressed it into a ball. One man was pushed away, the other was going to attack but he stopped when he realized the edge of my katana was directly near his throat.

"Get lost," I said with a nice smile on my face and they immediately ran away.

Soon after that, it was the beginning of Naruto's training.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Naruto had finally finished the second stage of his training, Jiraiya mentioned that we needed to get a move on. He said that Tsunade was in Tanzakugai and then I suddenly thought of something. "Jiraiya, I'll go on ahead. I might be able to find her faster if I went first." I spoke up.

"Good idea Tsubame! Alright, we'll meet you there," He replied and I was off. 

Third POV

Tsubame disappeared in a whirlwind of leaves. Jiraiya's eyes narrowed at that. He looked at Naruto with a questioning look on his face. "Hey Naruto, I'm beginning to wonder, who is that teammate of yours really?" He asked.

"Oh, you mean Tsubame-chan!" Naruto said. He began to think hard, recalling what she had said during their introductions.

"Hmm...the first time we had our team introductions, um...she said..."

" "Anyway, my name is Hayashi Tsubame. I like udon, ramen, Naruto, Hinata, Kiba and lots of other stuff! I dislike...hmm...it's a secret! My dream is to become an ANBU ranked ninja of this village! My hobbies are...I guess, smoking and making udon..." That's what she said if I remember correctly..." Naruto said.

"I see...nothing else?" The ero-sennin questioned.

"Oh! Oh! She always wears a kimono even if it's not what a ninja usually uses! She's also skilled in using the katana! She even wiped out a hundred mercenaries when we had taken up a B-ranked mission by accident!" Naruto added.

Jiraiya remained silent and contemplated on what Naruto said to him about the mysterious genin ranked kunoichi known as Hayashi Tsubame.

Mercenaries are pretty easy to defeat unless in number or power...since Naruto said that she defeated around a hundred...I'm guessing she might be pretty strong...She's pretty cute too! Still...she must have some secret she's hiding!

Naruto watched as his sensei make a perverted face and then turning into a serious one. He narrowed his eyes in suspicion. 

Ero-sennin didn't react like this until Tsubame-chan left. This is bad...Don't tell me...! He's - he's planning on doing something to Tsubame-chan?

Naruto's face turned into shock and then horror. He soon had a look of determination. I'll protect you Tsubame-chan from ero-sennin's perverted attacks!

Unbeknownst to Naruto, Jiraiya was actually thinking about what strength Tsubame was really hiding. She seemed to have some mysterious aura that drove him curious to what she might be hiding.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

EDITED:  06/17/14