Ch.31: A Thousand Petals

Tsubame's POV

I watched as Sasuke and Gaara faced each other, Gaara was giving him a somewhat evil laugh. I looked at the side and noticed Kakashi who suddenly appeared. I immediately body flickered beside him, surprising him a bit.

He looked to the side, a bit embarrassed. I decided to tease him. "Ne Kakashi~ " I spoke up with a grin on my face. "Aren't you a bit late..." He blushed. "Hmph!" He said and turned away. I chuckled and shook his silver hair with affection.

The Konoha Genin who were watching us suddenly blushed. Ino pulled Sakura to her side a bitand whispered something. I smirked, if it weren't for my my acute senses, I wouldn't have heard it.

"Say Sakura...aren't your sensei and your teammate...um...a bit too...close?"

"I don't know anything about that...Don't...Don't ask me!" Sakura grumbled quietly into Ino's ear. The blonde haired girl simply giggled.

I pulled his ear down towards my level and whispered.

"I missed you, you know...Kakashi-kun~"

He gently removed my fingers from his ear and placed it down on my lap and then faced the two nin...including Naruto who had just arrived.

"We weren't late for nothing..." Kakashi spoke up.

"What do you mean by that sensei?" Sakura and Ino asked, piqued with curiosity.

"Hn? You wanna know?" Kakashi asked with a tone of indifference. "Look, we don't have time for this!" Naruto shouted once again.

"Be quiet and watch him..." He commanded. "You'll be surprised..."

We turned our attention to the arena and saw Sasuke sticking on the wall with chakra as he did a handsign. My eyes widened but only for a fraction.

That sign... I thought. It's for Kakashi's own personal jutsu that he made himself....

Electricity condensed around Sasuke's hand. He was preparing to use it to attack Gaara's sand barrier.

"NO WAY...IS THAT...?" Gai also immediately recognized it.

Kakashi had a smile on his face though it wasn't exactly that visible due to his mask. Some kind of proud look for his own student I presumed. "The reason I trained Sasuke is...because he is...the same type as me..."

Sasuke was now running towards Gaara with his hand brimming with electricity. "HEIGHTENED FLESH?!" Gai reacted. "I see...so that's why you only trained in Taijutsu...and had him greatly increase in speed."

"Yup."

"Incredible..." Sakura commmented. "You can clearly see the chakra in his hand...What's going on?" "WHAT IS THIS TECHNIQUE? AND THIS SOUND IS...."

"A simple stab..." Gai spoke up. "Huh?" Sakura questioned.

"But it is...the Leaf's number technician, Copy Ninja Kakashi's sole original technique. A technique specially for assassination. The speed of the stab and the great amount of chakra that creates the heightened flesh because the chakra is concentrated in the hand and with speed of the user, you hear.... " Gai continued on but I butted in.

"...you hear the sounds of a thousand birds running towards you thus that technique is called..." I spoke.

"Chidori or as it is also known, the Lightning Edge,"

I body flickered away immediately after that.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I watched from afar as suddenly Genjustu was made to make almost all of those inside the arena asleep. Kakashi, Gai, Sasuke, Sakura and some others were lucky enough to avoid getting caught up in it.

Sakura was trying to look for Sasuke and was momentarily distracted to have to Sound nins aiming to attack her but I managed to appear before her and kill them swiftly.

"Sakura, stay like that for a bit...We'll even the odds a little..." I told her in a calm manner.

"Tsubame!" Kakashi called out as he slashed the Sound nin aiming to kill me. "Don't let your guard down, even just for a minute!" He scolded me.

I chuckled. "My bad Kakashi, I'll try not to do it again."

Third POV

Tsubame jumped up high with her katana already drawn. Her foot lightly touching the wind as if she was walking in air. Thousands of sakura petals surrounded her and when it dispersed in front of her enemies, she had disappeared. Her enemies already slashed in the chest.

Kakashi and the others watched (while still fighting of course!) as she seemed to be dancing in the air, defeating enemies after one after the other. Kakashi especially noticed that her kimono seemed to have changed into a different one with the designs of sakura petals on it.

She was quite enchanting to watch through the eyes of the beholder.

"Tsubame..." Kakashi muttered under his breath as he continued to fight.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Later on after defeating most of the Sound nin and. Sand nin, they had woken up some of the others who were sleeping. Shikamau turned out to be trying to escape his duties by pretending to be already fast asleep.

Pakkun was out after being summoned by Kakashi. The little doggy sniffed the air and immediately went to Tsubame. "Could you be..." He started to speak however the girl shushed him and made a sign that they would speak later. He sighed and gave a simple nod. He headed out with the three.

The two Jonins and Tsubame headed out to in order to defend the village against more of the Sound nin. She had a feeling that those who were sent out would be able to do it, they were strong enough.

Once again, Sound nins appeared together with a few Sand nins and began attacking them. They were swept out by Tsubame's sakura petals that seemed to be moving with her will through her katana that seemed to be acting as the medium.

"Tsubame...sometimes I think that you act more of a swordsman rather than a ninja with all those kenjutsu moves of yours..." Kakashi joked to her.

"Hehe...that's not really much of a concern Kakashi..." She smiled and took out a hundred kunai, all aimed at the enemies.

Soon they were back to back, protecting each other's backs, weaknesses and vulnerabilities. Kakashi thought for a moment, Tsubame at his back seemed to have given him a somewhat familiar feeling.

It was trust that he was feeling right now.

Why does she give me this kind of feeling? He thought. Only few people were given his utmost trust. Who is this girl really?

Who are you reaaly Tsubame?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Yohoo! Finally updated! Ugh! That's finally out of my shoulders! I'm almost done woth the Chuunin Exams Arc! I'm so happy!

BTW The idea of the thousand sakura petals came from BLEACH's Kuchiki Byakuya's Senbonzakura or something...what was the name of his sword again? Hehe...LOL...

Hope you enjoy this chapter!