Ch.24: Predator and Prey

Tsubame’s POV

I stopped, knowing that I was already a good distance away and also that somewhere at my right was Hinata’s team who was being followed. I sensed that there was nothing to worry about and continued on, they could clearly take care of themselves but – I felt that they would need help later on so I summoned Li-kun.

“Hime-sama!” He shouted in glee while wagging his tail. He jumped over to my shoulder and nuzzled my cheek with his small snout. I scratched under his chin in return and he wagged his tail again. “What are your orders Hime-sama?” He asked.

 “I need you to watch a certain team for me -” I said but was quickly interrupted by him, “I’ll do it Hime-sama!” He hopped down from my shoulder and did a salute with his paw. He started moving towards a random direction but then stopped looking at me with an embarrassed face. “H-Hime-sama…w-where do I head to again?”   

I let out a sigh and shook my head, “Silly Li-kun, you should let me finish speaking first before heading out.” I said and he nodded his head vigorously. “Gomen Hime-sama!”

“Their direction is that way,” I said while pointing towards my right. “They are Konoha genins, a small pup is supposed to be on top of the head of the hooded guy. I have a bad feeling that they may encounter something very dangerous on their way to the tower so I need you to watch them and protect them if they do encounter it.”

“Hime-sama, may I reveal my form if necessary?”

“Do what you must,” I replied and held a fan in front of my face.

“Hai!” He said and then body flickered away.

I looked straight at another direction and felt that Naruto was in danger. I body flickered to where I sensed his presence and found him fighting a giant snake, it was a summoning. Naruto was currently wrapped around by the tail of the giant snake and was also about to get eaten.

I managed to get in between them in time holding the fang of the snake with two fingers. “T-Tsubame-chan,” Naruto spoke. I turned my head around and gave him a small relieved smile, “That’s good, I managed to get here in time.”

The snake moved its head back a bit so that it could try to attack me again but I sliced its tail so that I could get Naruto out. It hissed as its tail was slashed.  “D-damn you human!” It spoke between hisses.

“Ah!” Naruto exclaimed. “It talks!”

It started slithering forward towards me and somehow it all was in slow motion, I could see where I would need to cut through. I tightly held on my katana and got into a stance. “Shigure Soen Ryu, The First Offensive Form: Shajiku no Ame.”

As soon as my body was covered in chakra and that the snake was as close as I wanted to, I thrusted out my katana and the snake was cut into half. Both halves of its body flew to each side and damaging the trees in the process.

I cleaned the blood off from my katana by holding it high and then swinging it down. “You’re alright now Naruto,” I said in a relieved voice. I turned around to find Naruto covered in the blood of the snake.

“My bad,” I muttered. “Oh right! Come here,” I grabbed his hand and body flickered to where I sensed his team’s presence.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Hey there everyone!” I greeted as I held Naruto by my side. “Tsubame-chan! Naruto-kun!” Sakura cried out in relief.

“Hehe…looks like you successfully defeated that giant snake…” The woman with a long tongue spoke and then looked at me. “…With some help…”