Ch.21: Yakushi Kabuto and The Missing Info

A/N: Yo! Been a long time since I updated but here is the next chappie!!!

~Chu

*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tsubame’s POV

As soon as we entered the room, all the ninjas turned their heads to look at us. I simply stared at them for a while and they soon returned to whatever they were doing. Suddenly, a girl with long blonde hair tied into a ponytail wearing violet clothes ran up to Sasuke and tackled him.

“Sasuke-kun!!! You’re late!!!” She shouted as she tackled him. “I haven’t seen you for a while so I’ve been waiting in excitement.”

“Get away from Sasuke-kun!!! Ino-pig!!!” Sakura shouted at the fan girl ninja.

“Why if it isn’t Sakura…” Ino mocked. “Big ugly forehead as always…”

“What did you say!?!?” Sakura said with a fist ready to punch her.

I soon noticed two other Konoha genins walking towards us. One was a thin boy with pineapple shaped hair and his forehead protector was tied around his arm while the other one was a chubby guy with swirls on his cheek.

I recognized the pineapple head as the son of Nara Shikaku so I deduced that he was Shikamaru while the other one was Akimichi Choji.

“Yahoo!! Found you!!” A familiar voice called out. We turned around to find Hinata, Kiba and Shino. “H-hello,” Hinata gave a stuttered greeting.

Well, well, well, everyone is assem -” Kiba began to say but noticed me from the side and rushed towards me. “You’re taking the exams too Tsubame?!” He exclaimed. “Which one’s your team?!”

Just as Kiba suddenly spoke to me, everyone else noticed my presence too. “Who are you?” Ino demanded with an angry tone in her voice.

“My name is Hayashi Tsubame,” I spoke with a gentle smile on my face, “I am a member of Team 7 however, I’m taking the exams alone.”

“B-but i-isn’t it going t-to b-be t-tough?” Hinata asked.  “It’s alright, Hinata-chan. It won’t be too bad,” I assured her. “O-okay,” she spoke shyly.

Naruto and Kiba began to have a heated shouting match but it eventually settled when someone called our attentions. It was a guy older than our age group (well, except mine) with silver hair and circular glasses. He had this hidden intention, I could feel it emanating from him.

He told us to look behind us and so we did. The ninjas from the other villages were looking at us and so the group quieted down. He introduced himself as Kabuto and then started telling us it was his seventh year in the exam.

He started telling us about his nin-info cards and this got Sasuke interested so he asked whether Kabuto had information of certain individuals. “Rock Lee, Gaara of the Desert and Hayashi Tsubame,” Sasuke said and I mentally smirked.

So he wants to learn about me? How interesting. I thought.

“Ok, first is Rock Lee,” Kabuto began. “He’s a year older than you guys. Mission history: D-Rank 20 completed, C-Rank 12 completed. His sensei is Gai. His taijutsu has improved greatly in this year, the rest is nothing impressive. Last year he gained attention as a talented new genin but he did not participate in the exam. Like you guys, this is his first time. On his team are Hyuga Neji and Tenten…”

“Next is Gaara of the Desert. Mission history: C-Rank 8, B-Rank 1…wow, a B-rank mission as a genin. Since he’s a newcomer from a foreign country I don’t have much info but…it seems he returned from all his missions without even a scratch.”

The three went silent.

“Last is Hayashi Tsubame…” Kabuto trailed off and looked at the card. “What’s the matter?” Sasuke questioned. “It seems that the name Hayashi Tsubame does not…exist…”

Their eyes widened and they looked up to meet my gaze but I simply looked away. “Tsubame-chan…” Sakura looked at me thoughtfully.

I walked towards Kabuto and swiped a nin-info card from him swiftly and placed my own chakra into it. A fake info of my abilities were showed and I handed it to my three teammates.

“Hayashi Tsubame,” Sakura read out loud. “Her ninjutsu, genjutsu and taijutsu are greatly balanced. Mission history…the same as us…”

“I guess nothing really differs,” Naruto noted.

“I guess not,” I agreed.    

 Kabuto began to explain more things I wasn’t really willing to listen to so I just tuned out and focused on finding the very dangerous enemies in this exam.

Naruto suddenly had an outburst which took the attention of all the ninjas inside the room. Kabuto shrugged it off and then he looked to the side as if he noticed something. I looked to where he was staring at and noticed the Otogakure genin watching us from afar.  

Suddenly all of them started moving towards us. I brought out a fan hidden in the sleeve of my kimono and placed it in front of my face. Kabuto was simply watching with a smirk on his face.

One of the Otogakure nin appeared in the air and threw two kunai at Kabuto which he was able to dodge. He didn’t notice in time that another one caught up with him and was about to punch him. Kabuto barely dodged it and Naruto and Sakura were amazed but his glasses suddenly broke.

Sasuke questioned why Kabuto’s glasses broke and Shikamaru thought out loud that Kabuto must have been acting like a big shot.

Kabuto’s eyes widened before he threw up on the floor, Sakura and Naruto immediately went to his side asking if he was okay. The Otogakure Genin looked at Kabuto with a cocky aura and the one in the middle spoke up, “How pathetic. Especially because, aren’t you a four year veteran?”

“Write this down on your cards, ‘the three Hidden Sound Ninjas, Definite Future Chunins,” The Otogakure nin that first attacked Kabuto said.

Suddenly, there was a poof of smoke in the middle of the room and at the same time a loud booming voice shouted.

“Quiet down you worthless bastards!!!”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*

A/N: Guess it's kinda short...

Oh well...

Edited: 11/27/13

~Chu