Ch.27: Preliminary Rounds

Tsubame's POV

We finally arrived at the tower and went through separate doors. I immediately opened both of my scrolls and set them down on the floor. It was a Summoning scroll  but I knew that already. The smoke cleared to reveal Kakashi.

"Good job Tsubame," he gave me his famous closed one-eyed smiles. 

"I had no problem Kakashi," I said and started walking to the door but Kakashi called out to me stop me. "Where are you going Tsubame? I still have to explain to you what's written on the wall."

I stopped and turned my head a bit. "If you lack heaven, seek wisdom, be prepared. If you lack earth, run in the fields, seek advantages. And if have you both heaven and earth...you can succeed even in the most dangerous mission." I said with a smile. "The word 'person' is the one missing which completes the last sentence. The last sentence is "These rules will guide a person's extremes." "

"Correct!" He congratulated me.

I suddenly thought of something and stared at him. He seemed taken aback and asked, "Is there something you want?"

"Yup!" I said as I nodded. "Well then, what is it?" He asked.

I moved so quickly that he was taken off guard as I suddenly appeared in front of him, gripping his arm. "Ne~ Kakashi, since I managed to pass the second part of the exam alone, don't you think I deserve a reward of praise?" I said.

He looked at me blankly before patting my head. I liked it but it felt like it was not enough. I pouted and he seemed to notice this. "Isn't this alright?"

"It is but..." I trailed off before grabbing him by the collar and pulling him down to my level. "...I was thinking more of like this."

I kissed his cheek and he stumbled away with a huge blush on his cheeks.

"Thanks Kakashi~ I'll be going in now." I said and then ran off.

*~*~*~Timeskip*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Everyone who managed to pass the second part of the exam arrived. I saw Naruto-kun and his team so I waved a bit. They waved back but except Sasuke of course!

The Hokage and the different Jounin and Chuunin were in front of us on top of the stage. Anko called out our attention. We became silent and faced them.

"For the coming third test...but before I explain that...there is something I'd like you to know." The Hokage spoke. Some Genins had puzzled looks on their faces. "It concerns the true reason for this exam..."

"Why do we have all the allianced countries taking the exam together?" He asked. " "To promote friendship among the countries. To raise the level of the shinobi." I don't want you to be confused about the true meaning...this exam is..."

"...a replacement for war among the allied countries." He said it to us with such seriousness.

He began to explain it to us and I zoned out. What good is it for if I know about this already? I thought.

Seconds passed and I decided to listen again.

"Yes, I'd like to now explain the third test but..." Hokage-sama was interrupted by another ninja who suddenly body flickered in front of him with a formal bow.

"I apologize for my rudeness Hokage-sama." He said. "From here on, as the referee...Will you please allow me, Gekkou Hayate..."

The Hokage gave him permission and Hayate introduced himself. "Hello everyone, I am Hayate."