Ch.19: The News

A/N: Yo dudes! Here is chapter nineteen! *sniffles*

*raises hand in embarrasment*

I'm sorry about my O.A. ness....

*suddenly grins darkly*

kukukuku

I am so crazy, aren't I?

BTW SORRY FOR THE WAIT! KINDA BEEN BUSY BUT HERE IT IS!!!!!

~Chu

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tsubame’s POV

It was the end of the festival and one of my subordinates relayed to me a message saying that I would have to meet Lord Kirin right away so I jumped from building to building heading towards the meeting place.

I arrived and gracefully landed in front of Lord Kirin.

Lord Kirin,” I said.

Hayashi Tsubame, I know it is known throughout the yokai and heavenly world that you must be addressed that way but why must it be? If I may ask, before telling you the news I was entrusted with.” He questioned.

I was silent for a moment before answering. “Lord Kirin, the reason is because…I have not yet revealed my true existence to my master yet. The time will come when I shall reveal it to him but now is not the time since there are still troubles with dealing with my family.” I answered in a grave tone.

I see,” he said. “Anyway, concerning the news I was entrusted with to tell you. It is very important.

What is it?” I asked.

You have been…” He started.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was the next day already. I had helped everyone last night fix things before sending back to where they came from once again using the mirror. I sighed and transported to my apartment room and then did my usual morning routine.

I arrived three hours later than the said time just at the same time as Kakashi. Naruto and Sakura were pissed off with us for being so late but we just shrugged it off.

It was time for our daily D-rank missions once again and I quietly helped them as usual.

Time passed and we were done doing our missions. Naruto was tired and had his arm over Sakura’s shoulder. “It’s because you push yourself too much,” Sakura scolded him.

“Pfft…can’t take care of yourself?” Sasuke mocked him. Naruto  got an anime vein and shouted at Sasuke, “DAMMIT ZAZUGE!!!”

“IF YOU DON’T CALM DOWN, I’LL FINISH YOU!!!” Sakura shouted at Naruto; ready to punch him. “Bah,” Sasuke simply shrugged it off.

“Hmm…Teamwork seems to be suffering lately,” Kakashi noted. “True, true,” I agreed with him. “YEAH!!! YEAH!!! YOU”RE THE ONE RUINING OUR TEAMWORK, SASUKE!!! ALWAYS HOGGING THE SPOTLIGHT YOU BASTARD!!!” Naruto shouted as he pointed at Sasuke.

“That’s you, you moron,” Sasuke said. “If you want me to stop making you look bad…then just become stronger than me.” Naruto just glared at Sasuke.

I noticed a messenger hawk fly pass by us and Kakashi looked up. “OK, that’s it for today.” Kakashi suddenly spoke up. “I have to go submit this mission report.”

“Then I’m going home,” Sasuke spoke as he turned around headed to his home. Sakura suddenly had an idea by the looks of her face and tried to speak with Sasuke but unfortunately for her, he blew her off and she had a depressed look on her face.

Naruto tried to cheer her up by saying that she could train with him. Kakashi used that moment to disappear and I wanted to leave too so I transported away.

I appeared in front of an office with Kakashi. Kakashi raised his visible eyebrow and I gave him a smile. He sighed and entered the office with me right beside him. I saw some Chunin and Jounin relaxing at the sofa while conversing with one another.

Kakashi walked right pass by them and stopped in front of a desk where Iruka could be seen. “Hi there,” I greeted him and he greeted back.  He started asking Kakashi how Naruto was doing and Kakashi gave the reply of what Naruto was usually doing in this team.

We walked out of the office and I saw another messenger bird flying around in the sky. Kakashi waved goodbye to me and left.

Was it that time of the year already?

I smiled and looked at the sky.

Indeed it was. I thought. But I think I’ll spy on their meeting. It could be fun listening to whatever they have to say about us.

I transported into their meeting area and hid skillfully. No one, not even the Hokage would be able to detect my presence. The three Jounin senseis including Kakashi, of the newly formed Genin teams were asked to come forward and they all nominated their students.

Iruka immediately came forward and tried to reason with the Hokage but Kakashi interevened and said that crushing us would be fun. Those words kind of hurt me a bit but I knew Kakashi was joking. I stepped out of the shadows and revealed my presence.

“Yo!” I greeted them enthusiastically but they were all on guard. Several ninjas pointed their blades at me but I didn’t even flinch or bat an eye. I pouted and pretended to whine, “Kakashi-kun~ I didn’t know you wanted to crush us! You could have just told us directly!”

“I-I was just k-kidding Tsubame,” He said guiltily and looked away. The Hokage told the ninjas with their weapons pointed directly at me to lower it and they hesitantly did it. “What brings you here Tsubame?” The Hokage asked in a serious tone.

“Umm…just passing by to eavesdrop on you. I didn’t think it was that time of the year already.” I replied nonchalantly.

“What time of the year?” He questioned me.

“You know, the Chunin Exams?” I emphasized the word and the Hokage simply chuckled. “Well then, how did you know about this?” He asked.

“I was travelling before so I know all about it and that it’s different for each Hidden Village.” I said.

“Very well then, since you already know about this. I guess it’s alright for you to join this meeting.” The Hokage said as he smiled.

“Thanks,” I said and the Hokage continued where they left off.