Ch.43: The Kudakitsune Leaders

Third POV

It was quite early in the morning when Kakashi finally woke up. He carefully looked around at first and then realized that he was no longer in his apartment room in Konoha. Yes, that's right. I've almost forgotten...He looked out into the window and saw lots of trees larger than those back home. The buildings were not made of cement but rather of wood. They were more like tree houses. I wonder if I can see Koyuki now...

Right on cue, his door immediately slammed open to reveal Akashi and his subordinate, Chizuru. "Hello Kakashi!" Akashi greeted enthusiastically. "What a nice weather we're having today!" His subordinate apathetically nodded in agreement.

Kakashi was quite silent and simply looked at Akashi. Akashi stared back but began to feel awkward and embarrassed by his stare and the silence that surrounded the room.

"How is she?" Was his question.

"The elders and I have started preparing the ritual in order to fully heal her though the problem would be what happens 'after'. She must successfully awaken so that we know it worked."

"When will the ritual begin?"

"Tonight, exactly at midnight when the full moon is at its peak. Under its moonlight will she completely be healed of her injuries but..."

"But what?"

"But...her mnd and soul would be the problem..." Akashi continued.

"How could it be a problem?" Kakashi asked, getting even more curious but more of beng worried of Koyuki's condition.

"I think you should go to our leaders, they will be able to answer your questions more clearly." The red-headed pipe fox answered instead. Kakashi simply nodded his head in response though he did ask where the elder's hut would be before leaving.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

He soon arrived a few meters before the hut. Just as he was about to take a step forward, he sensed two presences coming at him and bent backwards to dodge it just in time. Whoa, that was close! He thought in relief. 

He jumped backwards to get some space. He looked straight ahead to find two boys looking at him with cautious eyes. They both had their weapons out. The one on the left had straight, short light blue hair and sea green eyes while the one on the left had sea green colored hair and light blue eyes.

Hm, how peculiar. They looked to be twins however, their hair and eye colors were so similar except its been switched with each other, Kakashi though with passing interest. "Who are you?!" They both demanded.

"Maa, maa~ My name is Hatake Kakashi, I was hoping to meet with the village leader?" He spoke in an easygoing tone.

"YOU - " They both sounded pissed off but that didn't really bother him. He was used to such reactions due to many of his comrades back in Konoha who got angry or annoyed at his attitude.

They started attacking him but he simply dodged, not wanting to anger the villagers thinking that he wanted harm them (even if it were the twins' fault for judging so rashly).

"ENOUGH!" A squeaky but loud voice halted the twins' actions. The three of them turned to see a twelve year old child (though seemed to be older?) approaching them. She had long white hair with fox ears on top of her head and bright golden eyes that were filled with wisdom. There were red tattoos on her face. She was wearing a white kimono with red edges and red boots. There was an oddly shaped sword strapped to her hip.

Kakashi immediately assumed that she must have been a leader since Akashi kindly explained to him that there were five village leaders in their own village with Koyuki as the very top. The red head gave him some vague descriptions of the vilage leaders.

"Hello, you must be Akahana-sama?" He spoke up to the young girl. Her fox ears twitched, reacting to his voice. She then turned to him.

"You are right to assume such ningen, I am indeed Akahana. I am the Sunset village leader. Nice to finally meet you, Hatake Kakashi." She said and then turned her attention back to the twins.

"Aoyama-kun and Aoyozora-kun!" She barked, her tone hostile. She snarled at them. "I expected better of you two to know that we have a human guest in our vicinity! Er ist unser Gast! Unsere einzige menschliche Gast!(He is our guest! Our only human guest!) Have you forgotten?"

 Their dog ears drooped in response to the fiery leader's temper. She seemed quite angry. Kakashi felt pity for them and was quite tempted to help them but was stopped when a hand touchd his arm. He turned to look to see a young blonde haired male looking at him with a smile. He was wearing a leaf hat with a long white cloth stitched to it. He was also wearing light pink clothing, there was a light brown fan in his hand.

Kakashi blinked. "Naoki-sama?" He asked, trying to be certain of the male's identity.

"Yes, I am indeed Naoki, the Woodseer village leader. Akashi must have informed you of the village leaders, did he not?" He spoke.

"Yes, he did." Kakashi answered the secretive village leader.

"Now then," Naoki smiled. "Will you please follow me? I assume you have some questions?"

"Oh, yes." The ninja said though a bit uncertain about leaving the twins to their demise, it was partially his fault for not introducing himself properly after all.

"Don't worry now, they'll be alright. Akahana isn't the type to go murdering the villagers after all." The Woodseer village leader spoke, answering his unspoken question. Kakashi relented and then followed him. Right into the village leaders' den.