Chapter 6

Lauren’s POV

“What just-” Troy started.

“You know what, Troy, just…just go home.” I told him, spinning around to run after Normani. I pushed open the door to the mall bathroom to see my friend bent over the sink, crying her eyes out. “Oh, Mani, come here!” I pulled her into me and she started crying even harder.

“A-Ally said that t-to me o-once.” I squeezed her tighter, wishing there was some way that I could make her feel better. “L-Lauren…what did I do?!”

“You…you just acted on impulse…” I told her.

“I l-lost the b-best thing I’ve ever had, Lo!”

“It’s okay!”

“No it’s not! She stomped her foot and started to wander aimlessly around the bathroom.

“Mani, you’ve made mistakes before-” I began.

“But Lauren…maybe this wasn’t a mistake…” She said, looking me in the eyes. “Now there’s no more drama related to our relationship…” I stayed silent, waiting for her to continue. “She didn’t seem to care anyways…”

“Normani, of course she cares!” I tell her.

She shook her head. “She didn’t call after me or try to protest…When did she stop loving me, Lauren?”

“She never stopped loving you and she will never stop loving you!!” I promise her.

“She seemed to be a lot happier with Troy…”

“She was just excited because he was here-”

“She didn’t let go of his hand for even a second.”

“Well-”

“Lauren, she just told me that she regretted kissing me in the first place!”

“Mani? Lauren?” Dani called from outside of the bathroom. “We’re leaving.”

I reached for Mani’s hand once she had finished fixing her makeup and stayed by her side while we walked to the parking lot.

Ally’s POV

I walked with my head held high to the car. I was pretty sure that my face was still as red as it was a few minutes ago when I was bawling next to Camila in one of the changing rooms in Forever 21. Troy was on his way back home by now and I was starting to realize why Normani had been so angry. Any day now we could be split up again and I didn’t really notice how much attention I was paying to my ex instead of her. I guess it was really true what people said about not knowing how much something means to you until you lose it.

Lauren took my regular seat in the back next to Mani and I was forced to sit in the passenger seat.  I didn’t make eye contact with anyone throughout the entire ride as I tried my very hardest not to sob too loudly. I could hear Normani’s staggered breathing behind me and I was wishing so hard that I could take back what I had said about all of this being her fault. It was a stupid reaction and a complete lie. I loved everything about our first kiss…it was the start to the best four months of my life! But I knew I couldn’t take it back, and I wasn’t so sure that she wanted me to. 

The Next Morning

Normani’s POV

“Normani, come on!” Lauren said, lightly shaking me. “It’s time to get up! We’ve got a radio interview today!”

I usually shared my room with just Ally, but now we had gone back to the original arrangements with Lauren and I in one room and Ally, Dinah, and Camila in the other. I buried my head further into my pillow, and almost immediately started to cry when I realized that it still smelled like Ally. “Go without me!”

“Mani, you know we can’t do that!” she said, gently moving me over so she could sit down next to me on the bed.

“Lauren, I feel…I feel…awful!”

“I know, ManiB-” she caught herself before calling me by Ally’s nickname for me. “I know…”

“No you don’t!” I argued, lifting my head out of the sheets. “You’ve never completely lost the-”

“-best thing you ever had…I know.” She finished for me.

“And don’t you dare tell me that you lost Camila because you didn’t!” I punched the mattress and stomped over to the closet with my blanket still wrapped around me.

“Look, Dinah texted me this morning and told me that Ally was just as upset as you were.” I ignored her as I started to put on the teal shirt I bought yesterday and a black skirt along with the silver sandals. “She’s not talking to anyone.” Lauren continued.

“What do you want me to do, Lo?!” I cried.

“Mani, I don’t know…but I do know that you both wish yesterday had never happened, don’t you?”

“No…maybe…” she raised an eyebrow at me. “Okay, fine, yes, but she obviously thinks all of this is my fault!”

“Normani, can you stop?! You’re just in denial!!”

“Or maybe I just don’t want her back…”

A/N: Hi! Okay so this is chapter 6 (you know in case you didn't notice lol) and umm....I don't really know what to say but thanks to the people who've been commenting and voting and reading so keep on doin what your doin haha and I always reply to comments and....byeeeee :-) :-P ;-) O:-)