Chapter 11

Dinah’s POV

“They’re here!” I shouted, pushing Troy out of the way. “Go home!”

“Okay, okay!” He answered, rolling his eyes and gathering his stuff.

“Thanks for your help, Troy!” I say, giving him a quick hug.

“No problem, call me when they make up, ‘kay?!” He tells me as he leaves.

“Okay, I have to make sure that everything is set up!” I mumble to myself, aimlessly circling the pool.

“Dinah! Ally’s like two feet behind me-” Lauren starts as she runs inside. “-wow…this place looks amazing!”

“I know!” I squeal, clapping my hands. I glanced around the room one last time, admiring my work. We had lined up sparkly Christmas lights around the ceiling and set up a candle-lit picnic where the tables usually were. The candles were electric, of course because if they got in another fight, we didn’t need them to have any weapons to use against each other. There were picture frames absolutely everywhere; all filled with pictures of Normani and Ally when they were together. I sighed and turned back to Lauren. “Do you think they’ll like it?”

“I hope so, here she comes! I think she got stopped by someone on the way out.”

“Oh, Troy was helping me; maybe he was talking to her?” I reasoned right when Ally walked in. She stopped and stared at the room for a second, taking it all in. Walking over to one of the picture frames, she bit her lip, and it looked like she was trying not to cry. She turned her attention to Lauren and I who were smiling like idiots. “Do you like it?!”

“Mila, I don’t understand why we’re at the pool in Novemb-” Normani froze, glancing between Camila, Lauren, and I, looking around the room and then at Ally. “What…is this?”

“Do you love it or do you love it?!” Lauren shrieked.

“I…I don’t know what to say…”

“Well, say that you love it!!” Camila said.

“Why…Why did you do this?”

“To recreate your first date!” I answered.

“Wow…I…”

“Do you not like it?” Lauren asked.

“I…I don’t know…this was really sweet of you to do but…” She made her way over to the biggest picture in the room of her and Ally holding hands and cuddled up on the couch together watching TV. Mani looked over at Ally who was kneeling on the picnic blanket in a daze, staring at each of the pictures carefully. “I…I don’t think I- we deserve this…”

“Why not?” I asked, frantically.

“You guys, it’s beautiful but…”

“Mani,” Camila started, walking over to her. “Can’t you just try to talk it out with her?”

Normani shook her head as tears started to roll down her face. “I don’t think I can…” she whispered back.

“Why not?” I repeated, in a nicer way this time.

“I just…I just can’t…” she mumbled before running out of the room.

Ally’s POV

I watched my ex as she left the pool area and I finally let myself sob freely. I knew that the girls recreated our date in hopes of bringing back good memories, and it hurt a lot more than I ever imagined when I saw her refuse the offer. She really didn’t care about me anymore. I felt so stupid for not saying anything, for not stopping her. “Ally,” Camila began as she can to sit next to me along with the other girls. “It’s been two weeks; when are you going to say something?”

I shook my head and let myself be pulled into Lauren for a hug. “Baby, please,” she sighs. “It pains us to see you this upset!”

“What can we do to help?” Dinah asked gently.

I opened my mouth to answer, but the only sound that came out was a hiccup. All I wanted was Normani…

“We have to get Mani to talk to her,” Camila said, brushing a few stray hairs out of my face. I nodded and started to cry harder. “And we have to do it now…”

Normani’s POV

I hated making Ally cry. I didn’t even like seeing her cry in the first place, and to think that I had caused her all that pain made me feel even worse.  I told everyone that I wasn’t ready to talk to her because I didn’t think that she cared anymore. It was probably the stupidest thought I’d ever had, considering how hard she was crying…I guess I just wasn’t ready yet. I wasn’t ready to figure out whether or not we were meant to just be best friends or more than that.

“Normani,” a voice said from behind me. I looked up from staring at my hands to see Lauren walk into the room.

“Lauren, I really don’t feel like talking ri-”

“Then don’t talk; just listen". She tells me, moving me over so that she could sit on my bed next to me. "Ally is broken.” “The girl who laughs at everything won’t even say anything.”

“And it’s all because of me, isn’t it?”

“No! Mani, this isn’t your fault! It wasn’t your fault at any point in the situation!”

“Why else would she be upset?”

“Because she lost the one thing that she really loved, Mani!”  Lauren sighed. “You have to talk to her! I know you want to fix this as much as she does.”

“I don’t know what to say to her…”

“Then just go sit with her or something…you have to try.”

“Okay…” I told her. “I will,”

“Thank you, Mani!” She wrapped me in a hug. “She’s in the other room, alone.”

I stood up and started to make my way to the door. “Wish me luck…”

A/N: Hey you guys! Thanks for the comments on the last chapter I'm gonna give my shoutout to @sarahall7 for commenting and following and stuff ily :-) I hoped you liked this chapter and continue commenting because I like comments and ummm I don't know I'll update again tomorrow (obviously) soo yeah comment and vote and read and byeeeeee :-) :-P ;-) O:-)