Chapter 7

Ally’s POV

I sat directly across from Normani at the kitchen table, which was as far away from her as I could possibly get. But, it also meant that every time I looked up, I saw her face. Her beautiful face… It had only been one night, but I already missed her so much. And it was complete torture to wake up and not see her sleeping next to me. I felt like such an idiot for telling her that all of the problems we had been having were all of her fault, because I knew they weren’t. If I couldn’t hear her voice calling me “Allycat” or telling me that she loved me after any random sentence I said, then I just wasn’t going to say anything.

“Ally,” I held my breath and looked up, but was disappointed to see everyone but Mani staring at me. “We’ve got a radio interview today, you have to say something!” Camila told me. I shook my head and went back to my eggs.

“Alright, you guys,” An immense amount of sadness rushed through me when I heard my ex’s voice. “I’m going to go get your stuff out of the other room.” I raised my head to see Mani’s eyes trained directly on me. “It has no purpose there anymore.” I gasped as Lauren dropped her fork and put her head in her hands, and Dinah squeezed her eyes shut.

“Mani!” Camila said, shocked. Normani just rolled her eyes and walked out of the kitchen.

Camila’s POV

“I can’t believe she just said that!” Lauren told us when Mani was out of earshot. Ally stayed silent, just listening to our conversation.

“Maybe this is her way of coping with the situation?” Dinah reasoned.

“By hurting Ally’s feelings?!” I asked in disbelief. “I’m going to go talk to her.” I stood up to head to Ally’s old room. “Mani, can we talk?” I called into the room.

She looked up from the box she was packing and I couldn’t help but feel surprised to see mascara running down her face. She sat down on the bed holding a small teddy bear. “I won her this at a carnival we went to over our break.” She said laughing a little. “She named it ManiBear…”

“Normani, you know that this isn’t it, right?” I wondered carefully as I walked over to sit next to her. “You can still fix this…”

She shrugged. “I’m not so sure I want to…now there won’t be any drama surrounding us as a couple anymore.”

“So you’re just going to quit?!”

“She’s the one how told me she regretted our kiss in the first place!”

“Well how are you supposed to know how she really feels? She refuses to talk to anyone!”

“Why?”

“Well how am I supposed to know if she won’t talk to anyone?!”

“Why are you getting frustrated, Mila?! This isn’t your situation to deal with!”

“I’m just trying to help-”

“Well, I don’t need your help!” She snapped. “You can’t help anyways…”

“Can you at least talk to her?” I asked gently.

“Fine…” she sighed. “I’ll try…I guess.”

“Thank you, Mani!” I squealed, pulling her into a hug. “I’ll send her in here.”

“No!” she cried, grabbing my arm. “Not now; I’m not ready yet.”

“Normani, we’ve got an interview today! We need her to say something!”

“Can’t you get Troy to make her talk?” She mumbled.

“Come on! You’re making this way more difficult than it should be!”

“How?!”

“You’re acting like you hate her when we all know that you don’t!" I paused. "You don’t hate her, do you Mani? She sighed, shrugged, and tossed the bear back in the box.

At the Radio Interview

Normani’s POV

“Okay, let’s bring out Fifth Harmony!” The interviewer announced as we made our way onstage. Lauren, Dinah and Camila took the first three seats, forcing me to sit next to Ally.

“Hey you guys,” I started. “How are you-”

“Wait!” Camila interrupted, exchanging a quick glance with Ally. “Um, Ally lost her voice so…she won’t be talking today, sorry.” After we got a few “boo’s” from the audience, the interviewer began to talk again.

“So, how is it living on the tour bus with five girls?” He asked. It was a general question that we were asked in almost every interview.

“Well, we’re all girls, like you said, so we obviously have our moments…” I zoned out of the conversation when Lauren started to answer. So Ally really wasn’t talking to anyone? 

“Now, Normani,” I snapped back into focus when I heard my name. “You and Ally are dating, right? Does that ever create tension-”

“Actually,” Dinah cut him off. I shot her a panicked glance, praying that she wasn’t going to tell them that we had broken up. “W-we…a-all of us are still really close,” she catches herself. She smiled down the line of chairs to look me in the eyes , “…no matter what happens.” I felt like everyone in the room was staring at me. I could even feel Ally’s gaze trained on my back, but I refused to make eye contact with her.

“Well, you were supposed to perform today, but I guess since the short one lost her voice-”

“Hey!” I cried involuntarily. “Don’t call her that!”

“I was just joking-“

“Well, it was rude!”

“Uh, I’m sorry....”

I nodded and crossed my arms over my chest, waiting for him to continue. I felt a something soft slide against my leg and turned around to see Ally give me a small smile and then look away. I assumed that she had tapped me with her foot but it didn't really matter. As the other three girls started to take fan questions, I slipped into my own little world; I couldn’t stop thinking about her. Did I really want her back? Were we just going to ignore each other from now on? More importantly: Did she really want me back?

A/N: Hey! This chapter isn't all that excititng but I hope you liked it :-) Make sure to comment and vote and yeah.....oh yeah read lol but umm I don't know...tell me if you're liking the story because that's kind of important for me as I writer to know haha. And byeeeeee :-) :-P ;-) O:-)