Chapter 12

Ally’s POV

I lay on my stomach, staring at the screen of my laptop, barely reading the tweets on my timeline when I heard a knock at the door. I looked up and my heart raced when I the last person I expected to see standing in the doorway gave me a small smile. “Can I come in?” I nodded and Normani sat on the edge of the bed with her back facing me, glancing over at the ManiBear teddy bear that was resting on my pillow. “You kept it…” I shrugged and she looked down at her feet. “Why…why aren’t you talking to anyone?” I shrugged again but closed my laptop and moved to sit next to her. “I miss your voice…” She whispers, without making eye contact with me. “I’m sorry, Ally.” I turned my head to look at her, watching as she bit her lip and her cheeks started to turn red.

I grab my phone and opened the Memo app. “It’s not your fault…I never should’ve told you that.” I wrote.

She shrugged. “Troy came to talk to me the other day.”

He talked to me too,”

“Remember when you said that you wouldn’t trade me for anything?” I nod. “Do you still mean that?”

Of course! I was happy to see Troy again but still would’ve rather had you.”

“So you still care?”

Always! You’ll always be my best friend.”

“Friend,” she repeated slowly. “Is that all we are now; friends?”

I don’t know…”

She finally looked at me and I held my breath, taking in her beauty. I resisted the urge to kiss her as I waited for her to talk again. “So that’s it? Are we just going to go back to being friends again…just like that?” I stared down at my phone, my fingers hovering over the keys; I didn’t really know how to answer that. “Ally, please?” she begged. “Just say something!”

I opened my mouth to answer her just as Camila walked into the room. “Oh, I’m sorry I didn’t know you were in here I just came in to grab something I’ll leave I’m sorry.” She rambled.

“No,” Mani said, standing up from her position on the bed. “I’m sorry,” she looked at me with a mixture of anger, annoyance and longing before she turned and left the room.

“Ally, I am so sorry!” Camila told me, running over to me as I started to cry again.

I handed her my phone. “It’s not your fault; I’m just an idiot…I should’ve said something…

She sighed. “What can I do to help?”

Nothing…I just need to be alone for a little while.”

Camila nodded and hugged me before handing me back my phone. “We’re always here for you Ally. And whenever you need someone to talk to…or someone to listen to you when you decide to talk again…you know where we live.” I smiled slightly as I watched her leave. But I couldn’t shake the image of the face Normani gave me before she walked out of the room; Why couldn’t I just say something?!

Lauren’s POV

“You guys, this is just getting ridiculous.” I told Camila and Dinah when we came out of the movie theatre. “Ally hasn’t talked in three whole weeks!”

“I know!” Camila answered. “Last week Normani was talking to her but it didn’t go very well…”

“How do you know?” Dinah wanted to know as we made our way down the street and back to the apartment building.

“Well, the only thing I remember her saying – or writing to be exact – was something about it being all her fault, being an idiot and wishing that she would’ve said something.”

“We really have to fix this; we’ve risen so much suspicious that it’s getting seriously overwhelming.”

“But how?” I whined in frustration.

“I don’t even know any more.” Camila replied. “We’ve tried everything!”

“Where are they right now?” Dinah asked.

I shrugged. “Well, we left them asleep at the apartment but I doubt they’re together. “

We walked in silence for a moment before Camila started to speak again. “I guess instead of making them talk alone, we can all talk together?”

“I guess it couldn’t hurt.” I tell her. 

Normani’s POV

“Normani!?’ Dinah called as she banged on my bedroom door. “Come on out we’re having a group meeting!!”

I groaned but got up to join everyone else in the living room. When I arrived, a tired-looking Ally was being dragged out of her room by Camila. “Okay, everyone’s here; let’s get the meeting started!” Lauren decided.

“Okay, we all know the reason that this meeting was called, don’t we?” Camila asked. I glanced over at Ally as we all nodded and she stared down at her hands.

“It’s because Ally refuses to talk,” I blurted.

“Mani, it’s because of both of you!”

“This has been going on for way too long and the fans are starting to get worried!” Dinah told me.

“You need to fix this!” Lauren added.

“And how are we supposed to fix that if she won’t talk?!” I snapped, glaring at Ally. She opened her mouth to say something but I cut her off. “I don’t even think she wants to fix this!”

“Yes, she does!” Camila protested.

“Well, how are you supposed to know that if she-”

“I JUST KNOW, OKAY!” Camila interrupted me, standing up. “And I know you want to, too!” She furrowed her eyebrows and paused. “…want to, too….want to, also…want to, as well…”

“Camila, just stop!” Lauren demanded and pulled her friend back down.

“Whatever, if she really cared anymore, she would say something,” I answered, standing up to walk out of the room. “And until then, why should I care?”

“Normani Kordei Hamilton, don’t you dare leave this room!”

A/N: Heyyyy did you like this chapter? I hope you did haha and I'm debating whether or not I want to update twice again today because there's only twenty-three chapters and I don't want it to go by too fast.  But comment (because you guys know that I love comments hahaha) and vote and read and byeeeeee :-) :-P ;-) O:-)

P.S.- Can you see the cover? Because I asked that in like chapter 1 and someone told me no but I was too lazy to fix it so I just wanted to know if you could see it now :-)